Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

**bnew58**

Hey Beth, I do have a question for you. It looks like we might have similar dilemmas regarding ceremony time and reception time. I was hoping for an evening reception (5pm start), but may move it up (3:30) to lessen the time in between (partially because I am stuck on ideas of what to suggest to guests in order to pass the time). Our reception venue is only 10 minutes away (Brookside Club), so it's not like we can absorb much time during travel. Ceremony is latest possible, starting at 2. Have you figured out what your guests will do in between the ceremony and reception? TIA!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
photo by Scott Metzger
kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

Re: **bnew58**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had originally booked the church for a 2:00 ceremony but when I was looking at reception venues I was having difficulty with that time.  I knew I did not want any gap at all so I changed the wedding to 11:00 with the reception to begin in Falmouth at 12:00.  Not exactly what I wanted (I would have prefered an evening wedding) but I am happy there is no gap because I honestly don't know what I would've reccomended guests do with that time.  I guess you could always suggest some bars in the area - or some sights to see while they're waiting.  Let me know if you need ideas for that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah, sounds like we'll end up both doing the same sort of thing, then, i.e., compromising to eliminate the gap. I'm pretty much expecting that we will need to start the reception at 3:30 (though I wonder now if it needs to be at 3). Was just kind of hoping you had thought of a cool plan that hadn't occurred to me! The trade off is maybe folks will want to meet up for an after-party later. We might do one at the Trowbridge or BBC; not sure yet.

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards