Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Skin issues

Okay, this is really embarrassing to admit, but I break out when I get stressed, and then I pick at my breakouts... So here I am 2.5 weeks from my wedding, and I have scabs and scars all over my face! I am getting my makeup done professionally, but I would rather have my face heal than have to wear a ton of concealer....Any tips on A) how to make my skin heal faster and B) how to keep myself from picking and making it worse?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Skin issues

• Options
    I too have to fight to leave my face alone...  If you REALLY want to pick - wash your face with the lights off, cover the mirror have someone stand in the doorway, whatever it takes.  I like Mario Badescu products, but the one that makes my breakouts heal the fastest is the proactive refining mask.  It's the 6% sulfur in it and I use it as a spot treatment.  If you go online you can find kiosks in the mall to get it asap.
  • Options
    I'd be careful trying anything totally new on your face before the wedding though, or go see a dermatologist and see what they would recommend. If you can leave the zits alone, you'll keep the scarring down and as a very last minute thing a dermatologist can also inject a zit (depending on how big they are). Try taking some vitamins though. Its really helped my skin and my nails!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have the same problem! PLEASE try the proactive mask with sulfur. It clears pimples much faster than cream with benzoyl peroxide. I have really sensitive skin but the proactive doesn't bother it. For healing scabs from picking try using neosporin antibiotic ointment. I use it at night and put small round bandaids with a small spot of the ointment over the scab. it really helps and even though it's kind of a greasy ointment it doesn't make me breakout more. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    Another tip for picking - get your nails done!  The thicker acrylic or gel or fiberglass types make it really hard to pick! :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    lol aimee that is hilarious but TOTALLY true!!
  • Options
    Its hard to recommend anything because each person seems so different. I have used Mario Badescu (along with other products) and it made me break out MORE. stress is awful to deal with - I think you just have to figure out what works for you. and that is very hard with stress. I like Principal Secret from QVC. Random but works good for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards