South Asian Weddings
Options

Dallas, TX vendors?

Hi Ladies,I was looking for vendor recommendations for the Texas area (Dallas preferably but I guess most of these guys will travel). We're already looking at some venues but I was hoping for recs on:1. Caterer (North Indian food)2. Mandap3. Bridal Sari Shops4. Hair5. Makeup6. Photographer7. DJHaha, I just realized I pretty much listed everything--and these are just the things that I know I'll need!Thanks!

Re: Dallas, TX vendors?

• Options
    sandhyajpsandhyajp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My reception was in Dallas. These are vendors I'd recommend:Caterer- Clay pit or AkbarMandap- Elegant affairsSari Shops- Silk ThreadsDJ- DJ RizI used non-indian vendors for hair/ makeup/ photographer.All my vendors are in my bio, feel free to email me if you have any questions. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here are some that aren't Dallas-based but will travel.Photographer:  Pink Posh PhotographyDJ: Yogi-G (Houston-based)I'll second Elegant Affairs.  Their stuff is beautiful though we won't be using them.  We don't need a mandap in Houston.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also second CLay pot and Sari Threads!  Clay Pot is really good.  I haven't bought anythign from here, but another SA bride recommended http://prashefusion.com/as well.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    krivitskrivits member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recs ladies.I was looking up the website for Silk Threads and they're quoting bridal saris in the $2000 range?! What's a realistic amount to pay?I thought it might be cheaper to save on air fare to India and just buy in the US but if those prices are for real I might as well make a trip of it!!
  • Options
    sandhyajpsandhyajp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ended up buying my clothes in Edison, NJ and the price were mostly in the $1200+ range. But it depends on what you are looking for. I think Silk Threads is a little pricier overall.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards