Texas-San Antonio
Options

At a loss for words....

No one plans for things to go wrong the week of your wedding, but sometimes things just don't make sense. My Fiance's father did not wake up from sleep early Monday morning. He was 54 years old and was in amazing shape. We have no idea. My FI is super close with his father as he was going to be a groomsman in our wedding. We are pressing on with the wedding this weekend as well as the reception because that is what his Dad would want. It is an extremely tough time but the reason I am writing this is to ask for prayers from you all. Prayers for my future family, my FI, and everyone affected by this sudden death. We are all hurting as I was extremely close to this man as well. I was so excited to have him as my father in law. I appreciate all your prayers and thoughts. I know there is a reason for all of this and at this time Brett and I are looking for that. His father will be there on the day of the wedding with us as we will leave a space for him on the altar as his "groomsman" spot. Please remember love everyone throughout the wedding times through thick and thin. It is a stressful time but a happy one is well. Thanks knottie girls! With love, Brittany

Re: At a loss for words....

• Options
    irishdanceririshdancer member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh honey I'm so sorry.  My prayers are definitely with you and his family during this tough time.  I can't imagine what you and your fiance are going through.  (((hugs)))
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I am sooo sorry to hear this.  Really breaks my heart.  I will be sending up prayers for you, FI, and all of your families.
  • Options
    marissa54marissa54 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am very sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brittany, I can't even begin to understand why things like this happen. All I know is that life is crazy and all we can do is cling tight to our loved ones. I will definitely pray for you, and your FI, and all of your families. I'm so sorry that this happened, and it makes me very sad. Charlotte
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh, I'm so so sorry to hear about this. I can't even imagine how difficult it must be for you and your fiance and both of your families. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Like you said, I'm sure your FI's dad will be there in heart laughing and celebrating with you. Just remember that he will have wanted you both to have a wonderful day and to share lots of love and happiness in his honor.
  • Options
    MBLoveMBLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG I am sooo sorry for your loss!! That was my biggest fear was my dad not making it to my wedding and for this to happen so unexpectedly with FI's dad is even worse. I think it's a beautiful idea to leave a space for him on the altar...I'm just at such a loss for words, this is so effing sad. You and FI and the whole family are in my prayers!
    Photobucket image
  • Options
    novio2010novio2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry for your loss.  I can only imagine what you are going through.  My prayers are with you, your FI and family. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry for your loss. Leaving the space for him will be a great way to honor him. In my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is so amazingly tragic. I think its great that you guys are going through with the wedding, you can help everyone remember that although life brings tragedy, it also brings joy. Good luck to you and your future husband and thanks for reminding us to cherish those we love.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brittany,My heart sunk when I read your post.  I am so sorry.  You both must be going through so many mixed emotions.   I assure you, we are all thinking of you and your families.  Take care and let us know if we can do anything to raise your spirits.Rachel
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so extremely sorry. I can not imagine what you are going through. I will be praying for you, FI and your family. Just know that he will be there in spirit. If you need anything please let me know. Much love and prayers go out to you!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I can only imagine how hard this must be for you and your FI.  All I can say is to continue to be strong and think about what your FIL would have wanted for you, which seems to me that is what you are doing.  Our thoughts and prayers will be with you. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
    Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

William born 7/12/2000
    Andrew born 10/30/2011 (9lb 4oz at 37 weeks)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's horrible. God will be with you. I'll pray for your family.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey ZetaBritt,I hope your day was wonderful, considering your loss. I have kept you and your family in my prayers! God Bless!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've very sorry to hear about y'all's loss :( You have my prayers and I hope you had a beautiful day.
  • Options
    Tracy2010Tracy2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh i am so sorry :( i hope you were able to still enjoy your day and you and your family are in my prayers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards