Just Engaged and Proposals

Favors?

Hello all! I'm new to the boards :) Congrats to all you newly-engaged girls!Anyway- I was just wondering if anyone has thought about favors yet? What are you thinking of giving your guests? I've been to a few weddings where they just look (and are) completely cheap and tacky. I don't want to fall into the same situation!Any suggestions, thoughts, comments?! Thanks!

Re: Favors?

• hey! guests tend to enjoy edible favors over something random monogrammed with your initials and your wedding date. we had personalized m&m's. fyi, there is a whole favors board. the mod is the awesome spower05! you can always go ask those ladies for advice, too. welcome and congrats!
  • Thanks for the information, much appreciated :)
  • Another fan of edible favors.  We did a candy buffet with to-go bags as our favors.  PIB (pics in bio).  Here are some other things I've seen:a donation to charitable organization (caution--this idea is somewhat controversial--some people don't like the idea of telling others about your donation, or donating to a cause that your guests may or may not support.  However, you know your guests better than we do, and can better judge their reaction)a cookie cutter with a family recipe for cookies attached.  The caption on the bag said "bride and groom are really cut out for eachother!"a family recipe with a jar or bag of the dry ingredients attachedsomething edible that is found exclusively in your geographyChristmas ornaments for holiday weddingssmall jars of homemade jam or jelly or something similar
  • We are having little gift bags, about 3" high, with little " x & o" candies in them. The bags are a champagne color and we are wrapping the candies in brown tulle and having it stick out of the bag so it looks like little tissue paper. We have ribbon tied to the handles with our names and the date on them. Inside of the bag we will have a little card in them that says, " hugs & kisses from the Mr. and Mrs". I hope it does not look cheap and tacky. The vision in my head looks cute but that doesn't mean anything lol.
  • I agree that edible favors are the way to go.  I have been to weddings where people didn't even take the favors (non-edible ones, like wine stoppers, etc) and then the bride & groom were left with a bunch of favors they couldn't do anything with, and it was a waste of money.  On the other hand, edible ones are ALWAYS a hit.  There are tons of things you can do, and even googling "edible wedding favors" brings up a lot of ideas!  Candy, chocolate covered pretzels, personalized M&Ms, candy apples for a fall wedding...or some people even have dessert buffets at their receptions & give the wedding cake as the favor!FI and I are thinking of doing these delicious Hungarian cookies from a family recipe that my great-grandmother used to make.  Something delicious that has meaning for us, too!
  • we are doing personalized m&ms as well in little gift boxes. we are also doing special gifts for the kids also that are going to be coloring books, crayons, and a car or barbie in little bags. and probably something else that i haven't figured out yet so they aren't bored during the reception.
  • These are all awesome ideas! Thanks ladies! :)
  • I agree with nutmeg - about the monogram. My date is in the summer & thinking about a small jar of local honey. This way I can give 1 to a couple instead of 1 per person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards