Jewish Weddings

Registry?

Hi girls! Are any of you registered/planning to register for Judaica for your home? If so, where are you registering?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Registry?

• edited December 2011
    We almost registered at a local Judaica fine art store, but opted not to in the end.  But I got a beautiful apple & honey dish from Bed Bath & Beyond.
    ExerciseMilestone image
  • GreenEyes005GreenEyes005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Registering for Judaica is a unique experience because you either go with a local shop, one within your synagogue, or online. Have you looked at offerings in department stores, such as Spode or Nambe? I opted not to because I lean more on the religious side and want to make sure it is considered kosher.

• edited December 2011
    We registered at a local Judaica store but in hindsight would have prefered to register on a website that had better prices. We only registered for a few things: table cloth, candle sticks, kiddush cup, mezzuzah (x2), challah plate and sedar plate and received everything except for the sedar plate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We registered for a seder plate sold on Amazon.com and added a challah board to our Amazon universal registry from Judaism.com.  We received both, as well as a second seder plate and two menorahs.  
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't register for Judaica, but there were a few friends and family members who asked my Mom if there were certain items we would like. They ended up getting us gift certificates to a Judaica store of our choice and we were able to select the specific items we loved. Then in our thank you notes, we specified what we chose and how special they were.

It's a mixed bag because I LOVE the challah plate and kiddush cup we chose (by the same artist). But one of my best friends also bought us a chanukkiah that she and her picked out herself and that was one of the most special gifts we received. Leaving it a bit open for close friends to be able to buy you a special and personal gift also has its benefits...
  • edited December 2011
    We are not doing a Judaica registry, however I found quite a few items at Macys that I was able to put on our registry there. Nambe and Michael Aram have some very nice items...kiddish cups, seder plate, challah plate, menorah, honey jar, mezuzah, etc....
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Learning to make a good brisket is only the beginning. www.shiksatoyenta.wordpress.com
  • RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    just thought i'd chime in - my SIL registered for a lot of her judaica using the amazon registry.  i think you have to download a small thing and it lets you add things from any website on the internet.  that way you don't have to commit to one specific store.  hope this helps.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

We didn't register for any Judaica, but ended up receiving a bunch of it, mostly from my parents and one of my brothers.

• edited December 2011
    We didn't register for any Judaic and I wish we had. We wound up getting 6 mezzuzahs.
    Anniversary image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards