Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Grandma & the earrings

My grandma thinks my earring are too big. What do you think? I hope this picture works. [IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/16tefd.jpg[/IMG]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Grandma & the earrings

• ok, I'm not seeing it. One more try. http://tinypic.com/r/16tefd/4 [IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/16tefd.jpg[/IMG]
  • Yeah, I know. For some reason I haven't been able to get it to work since the first time I did it.
  • That's it!!!! What do you think?
  • Oh, thank you too!
  • Definitely not to big - they look great.  And are much smaller than mine, so your Grandma wouldn't like them at all!
  • I think they could stand to be a little smaller but they're definitely not TOO big. I like smaller simpler earrings though. I like for the clothes to stand out more. it's relaly your preference. It's your day! do what you want. THye are pretty but like I said, I like smaller earrings. I do think that your face may be too small to keep them from overpowering your face or your dress. You look like you are petite.
  • GRANDMAZILLA!!! I think they're beautiful! :)
  • I definitely don't think the earrings are too big; however, I don't think they're in proportion with the necklace you're wearing so that's what's throwing me off.  It doesn't seem balanced.  The general rule is if you're wearing big earrings, wear a very simple necklace (or in some cases, no necklace). If you're wearing a big necklace, wear small simple earrings.  If every piece if jewelry is big or dramatic, then it'll be like overkill.  just my 2 cents :).
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you for your opinions! I do have a grandmotherzilla. She has made this process somewhat difficult because she is very traditional so while I am trying to respect her, I'm really getting frustrated with her stating "her opinion" over and over and over again. The necklace is my other grandmother's and my something old/borrowed so that is non negotiable. I bought a small pair of earrings too just in case so we'll see how I end up feeling on the wedding day. I'm wearing a clip on the side of my hair but other than that there will be nothing on my head once the veil comes off.
  • Hehe, I would actually have used bigger earrings, so no, I don't think your earrings are too big.
  • The necklace def should stay then but i'm afraid with the clip it may be too much with the earrings. Like I said before, you look like a petite bride. Don't let your jewelry out show YOU! Remembre you could always change earrings when you change outfits for the reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards