Colorado-Denver

marriage license

After you got married, how long did it take you to get it in the mail?  I thought it was only supposed to take 2 weeks, but we're approaching a month now.  I need to get all the name changes done and can't! Thanks!
image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: marriage license

• chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours was back before we got back from our honeymoon. (Although I dropped it off at the County Clerk & Records Office in person...but still)...I think your wait of more than 2 weeks seems pretty long. What county did you get your license with? We used Arapahoe County & they were very quick!
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • edited December 2011
    we're getting ours through Adams County.  We got married in Breckenridge and the minister took the license and said she'd send it in and we'd get it in about 2 weeks.  Either she didn't send it, or their still processing it.  Another thing I'm worried about is if the mailman put it in the wrong box and someone else has it.  I thought the stress was going to go away after the wedding!  I'll have to make a few phone calls and find out what's going on.
    image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  Our reverend took care of ours.  We got it in about 2 1/2 weeks.  We were married in Lyons but live in Chicago.  I would think yours should be arriving soon!  Hope that helps!  I will keep my fingers crossed!!
  • edited December 2011
    We got ours back in about 2 1/2 weeks. We mailed it in the day after our wedding. Have you tried calling the Clerk and Recorder office?
    JuneFlowers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours took 4-5 days.  We had it when we got home from the HM.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Katie18Katie18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After we got back from the honeymoon, DH took it in himself and got it back in about 20 minutes.  It might be a little more effort going in, but I liked that because I would have been a nervous wreck not knowing where it was.  Just an idea for future brides :)You could also give it to a reliable family member to take in while you're on your HM, then it will be ready to go when you get back.
  • skiingstarkskiingstark member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I got mine back in about 2 weeks. I would be making some calls soon.
  • edited December 2011
    Hopefully your officiant just sent it a little late? Fingers crossed it comes in the mail tomorrow!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards