North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Question about Guest List

Hi NC, My name is Brenda and I'm getting married in Chapel Hill on May 22, 2010. My question has to do with the fact that I'm getting married in my childhood church -- I'm a member but I don't attend because of health reasons. This church is also my mother's church and she believes that because I'm getting married in the church, we have to invite all the church members. I don't. I would appreciate you're inpute.

Re: Question about Guest List

• edited December 2011
    Brenda, I am also getting married in my child hood church.  My parents are still members there but none of us attend.  I decied not to invite people that i have not seen in several years from the church.  Just because you are getting married there does not mean you have to invite everyone.  Jess
  • dmjvonn1dmjvonn1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brenda, The question is will they also be invited to the reception. So many people believe that once you're invited to the ceremony that automatically means the reception as well.  So this is what you need to clear up b/c this will be an added expense of course if you're having a plated dinner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards