Outdoor Weddings

Beautiful Outdoor Wedding Planned and Forecast Calls for Rain!

Any advice?  We've planned our wedding for a year now, to have it in a beautiful outdoor setting in Texas, in October, when it almost never rains!  Well, sure enough, here we are 11 days away and forecast is calling for rainy, cold weather all weekend : (  We have a plan B - and can have the wedding inside, but I can't help but be disappointed!  Any advice for helping me wrap my mind around the inside wedding?

Re: Beautiful Outdoor Wedding Planned and Forecast Calls for Rain!

• It poured nonstop for several days leading up to my outdoor wedding (including the day of). About an hour before the ceremony was set to begin it was still raining and I was told we were having to use our plan B. 20 minutes before the ceremony, it stopped raining and DH said we're doing it outside! It turned out perfectly. Just remember, rain does stop every once in a while ;) If you have to use your back up plan, it's not the end of the world. Just try to get some pictures of the two of you outside.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am getting the same day in PA and it is cold and rainy today and the ten day looks pretty bad!   We are also planning on being outside and do have a plan B.  I am a wreck too.  I was told it is not accurate at all til three days out so i guess we will just have to hold our breathes. It will be ok and it will be a beautiful wedding no matter where you get married!   
    Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • The forecast on my wedding day was pouring rain.  It poured for a week on and off before the wedding, and was storming until about 8am the day of, and  then it completely stopped!  We had a beautiful day!  You never know what might happen, so prepare for indoors, but you could get a break...
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
  • I'm sure its hard not to think about my wedding is outside but not until next July and I am stressed haha!  But just remember, as was said before the weather isn't super accurate for ten days out.  I don't know about Texas but here in Wyo weather.com can say it is sunshine and warm outside and it could be snowing outside (at least you don't have that to worry about in TX haha)  So just remember to be positive and you never know it will probably end up being beautiful!  You can always postpone it to see if it rains until you absolutely cannot put it off anymore.  Good luck and everything will be Perfect!  :) 
  • Meteorologists can't reliably forcast more than 3 days in advance.  Don't worry yet.
  • It snowed the day before my parents wedding in April 1964. It was gorgeous and sunny the day of. The weather people never really know for sure.... just take a deep breathe make sure there is a Plan B and focus on the fact that youare getting married :)
  • "in Texas, in October, when it almost never rains!"oh lordy, really? I expect rain in October. I live in Houston/College Station.

Glenna Harding Photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards