Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Morning Wedding/Afternoon Reception

I am sure many of you ladies know how much traffic there is on a Saturday, trying to get over the bridge. We have already booked the Church, and just that. I am now thinking a 10 am wedding on a Saturday in July isn't the best idea. Would mid September be better? WDYT?

Re: Morning Wedding/Afternoon Reception

• edited December 2011
    10am wedding on a Saturday is definitely hard to reach for a day trip. However, if your venue has a two night minimum people may be over capeside already. I would know your crowd (mine would make a long weekend out of it) but if many are day tripping from Boston DEF think about September instead.
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is in June (the last weekend) and we were originally going to do a morning wedding, however the more we tried to plan things, the more it became a logistical nightmare... Just something to think about - how many BMs do you have? I have 4, plus the 2 moms and myself and my hairstylist was not sure she was going to be able to get everyone's hair done by 11, so you may have some trouble for 10. just something to think about...getting over the bridge/around the cape for a 10 am wedding on a Saturday in July will be a nightmare for your guests. HTH
  • edited December 2011
    I live right at the Bourne Bridge. If your having your wedding at 10a they'd be traveling over the bridge before ten. Usually the cut off time for me to try to get over the bridge is 10a. Traffic usually isn't that bad before then. But you never really know. Where's the ceremony?
  • edited December 2011
    The ceremony will be in Brewster. Thank you for your input. This will be a tough decision to make.
  • kass09kass09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm...definitely a tough call.  We did a 10am ceremony in Orleans, but on 9/26 (reviews/pics forthcoming).  I hadn't even toyed with the idea of a summer wedding, but I definitely think you have to factor in traffic in the summer no matter what time of day you are having it. But, like a previous poster said, most accomodations that time of year will likely require a two-night minimum, so they may not have a choice (although then they contend with friday night traffic).  And, it depends on your family/friends and what you think they will do. Most people who traveled had 2 night mins, so they were in the Cape on Friday.  Some people did day-trips, gave themselves plenty of time in the AM, because they knew they could face bridge traffic (due to construction...Most had a harder time getting off-cape later that day).  With all that said....One thing I learned in wedding planning....you can't take care of everyone else.  They are adults, and they will  have to figure it out.  I'm not trying to be harsh, it's just something I learned.  If they want to day-trip it, they need to plan ahead and give themselves enough time.  You can't worry about them, all you can do is give them enough time to plan and decide what works for them.  If it is important to them, they'll make it.GL with your decision!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kass09kass09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and re: hair/makeup, definitely something to consider, but you can find salons with teams of stylists who can get it done.  We used oceanside in brewster, two thumbs up, they were at my parents house at 6 am, and all the hair was done by 8ish (8 girls) and the makeup finished up shortly after.  So, it is possible, but you have to shop around for a group of stylists.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the salon recommendation! We definitely want the morning wedding in July or September. I know that ultimately the wedding is for us, and I should just let it be that the guests will find their way to us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards