Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Ceremony Music

Hey Ladies!I have been lurking and unsure if I ever introduced myself... My name is Amy, getting married 6/19/10. I am in need to suggestions and ideas.My MOH has offered to play part/all of my ceremony music (shes a violinist).  She has suggested many songs, but I'm rediculous when it comes to this because I don't know what songs need to be played when and when she should play the violin.  Do I have her play several songs or just one?What ceremony music are you going to play and when?Thanks for any help you can offer!!  : )

Re: Ceremony Music

• Options
    Usually there is some prelude music, (while guests are being seated) Processional for the bridesmaids to walk down the aisle. Bridal processional for the bride to walk to (sometimes the BMs and bride walk to the same song, sometimes it's 2 songs). Sometimes there is a song during the ceremony, like if you have a soloist sing a song, or if you are having communion, there may be one or two songs for that. The recessional song is what the bride and groom, and wedding party exit to. **But, your MOH cannot be two places at once. She cannot play all the music (unless it's pre recorded) AND walk in the processional/recessional also. But if you want her to play a specific piece during the ceremony, she can take leave the altar, play the music, then resume her place by you at the altar.
  • Options
    There are many places she could play, you just need to decide where you want her. I play violin as well, but in the weddings I've been in the brides have asked me to play a song during the unity candle/sand pouring/whatever rather than during the processional so I can be a part of that. Or, she could be a part of the processional and just step aside and play your entrance song. I do agree it can be awkward to have a mid-ceremony song when nothing else is going on, but if you're doing any kind of unity thing that's always a good time to have one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards