Chit Chat
Options

Let's lighten the mood a bit

Anyone up for a poll?Let's play good news/bad news.The bad news is my dog got scared this morning at the vet when the tech picked her up and she peed on him.The good news is I passed a starbucks on my way to the office from the vet and picked up breakfast and a pumpkin spice soy latte.

Re: Let's lighten the mood a bit

• Options
    bad news - I'm having one of the worse AF of my life.  I'm completely miserable.  After 25+ years of having my period this is the first time I have every understood why a woman need the day off because of their period.good news - numbers were light on the half day trip and I was able to take the day off.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Good news- I went to the dentist yesterday (it's been a minute) and nothing is wrong. No cavities or anything bad. Bad news- Then they handed me the bill. Dental insurance is basically worthless.
  • Options
    Good news!!! FI and I are having our engagement pics shot this Sunday! Bad news...said shoot is at 7:30 am (understandable because we want the best light) and the temperature at that time will probably be around 36 degrees.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    bad news--my parents participate as a presenting couple in the Pre-Cana program FI & I are attending this weekend.  Usually not a problem because they talk about communication or finances as their topic. One of the other presenting couples can't present, and no one wanted to take on that couple's topic. My parents being the nice people they are broke down and said they'll do it. So now FI & I get to listen to my parents discuss Sex & Sexuality.  Really?  good news--they provide beer for us at Pre-Cana Friday night, which is when my parents present their topics. So we'll have a buzz on to get us through this. And once we get through the rest of the class on Saturday, FI & I are meeting Salt & her Fi for dinner! YAY!
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    Bad news: It's 45 degrees outside and only mid-October and I'm home with a possible sinus infection. Good news: I don't have to be stressed out at work today and tomorrow is Friday!
  • Options
    Bad news I have been sick for the last 3 days Good news-a coworker brought in milano cookies for everyone
  • Options
    bad news--my parents participate as a presenting couple in the Pre-Cana program FI & I are attending this weekend. Usually not a problem because they talk about communication or finances as their topic. One of the other presenting couples can't present, and no one wanted to take on that couple's topic. My parents being the nice people they are broke down and said they'll do it. So now FI & I get to listen to my parents discuss Sex & Sexuality. Really? good news--they provide beer for us at Pre-Cana Friday night, which is when my parents present their topics. So we'll have a buzz on to get us through this. And once we get through the rest of the class on Saturday, FI & I are meeting Salt & her Fi for dinner! YAY!AWKWARD . . . .That's awesome that they serve beer at Pre-Cana though!
  • Options
    [i]FI & I are meeting Salt & her Fi for dinner! YAY![/i] YAYYYY!!! That's the best news evar!!!! But ew to having to hear your parents talk about doin' it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Bad News--my super mean boss is coming to our office today (she travels through out the county) so I have to come up with work to do for the most part of the afternoon. Good News--I rearranged my desk so I can surf the net and she can't see it :) And other good news--I discovered that mixing salted peanuts and candy corn tastes just like a PayDay, which happens to be my favorite!
  • Options
    Bad news: Wedding up in air. Good news: Finally lawsuit is done and I will get my settlement, so will be signing paperwork tonight after work.
  • Options
    yeah Salt, I don't think it's ay major detail, and more about the role sex plays in marriage in the eyes of the Catholic Church, and your relationship etc.  But still, I don't want to hear this from my parents. Seriously. I was like um, if that was me and no one wanted to take the topic, I'd be all for putting names in a hat to make it most fair.  And I know these people know I am in this class, like someone couldn't suck it up and volunteer to save us all the embarrassment?  some Christians they are LOL.
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    Bad News: We had 70 people rsvp yes to our wedding (in 2 days) an as of today only 50 are actually coming.  Maybe less.  So we're paying for all this stuff for 20 extra people. Good news: We'll be in Jamaica when it's all over!
  • Options
    Bad news- my grandfather (89 y.o.) has pneumonia in both lungs & isn't doing very well. Good news- my grandfather also has a strong will & is not ready to go yet. Good news 2- my boss just left for the day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Bad news: It is supposed to rain all weekend and I have a lot of stuff todo. Good news: the FI is supposed to come home from work for the weekend! :)
  • Options
    Bad news: I just spent 3 hours cleaning the house since my roommates can't be bothered to do it. Good news: My house is now sparkling!
    He pretty much had me at "hello".
    -- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --
  • Options
    I am new so I hope you guys don't mind me posting.... Bad news: Dog jumped on counter-height kitchen table and ate 7 peanut butter cookies while I was steam cleaning the sofa he peed on. Dog was then bouncing around the house like a crazy maniac. Good News: Dog is now in his kennel and the buzzer just rung for some fresh cookies.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Good News: Baked my first cake with my future sister-in-law for my FI's birthday tomorrow. It was french vanilla with rainbow icing.Bad News: My FI is pulling down wallpaper in our kitchen and I should go help him.  Also have a zit trying to come in on my chin. ew.Just wanted to say, I love this post. I enjoyed reading all your good vs bad.  And I am so excited about Starbucks winter drinks coming back.
  • Options
    Bad News: My hairdresser had to cancel my hair trial for tomorrow- I had really been looking forward to it.  We'll have to reschedule for Sunday, the same day I'm moving in with FI. We are also still waiting to hear from FI's relatives about the wedding and whether they'll make it or not. My RSVP date was Sept 26. Good News: Tomorrow is the last Friday I'll have to work until after my wedding. Wheeee!
  • Options
    I'm also new here, and hope it's okay if I post.Good News: Our photographer posted our engagement pictures today!Bad News: I got nothing done today and am extremely behind on work. Ick!
  • Options
    It's always good to hear from the lurkers.  Jump right in!
  • Options
    this is my first time posting on this board: good news: I'm alone at work today and have minimal work to do so I can pretty much do what I want (hence playing on the knot) bad news: it's rainy outside which puts me in a blah mood. otherwise, things are great:) p.s. I LOVE Starbucks pumpkin lattes - have you tried their pumpkin frappucino? So good!
  • Options
    Bad news:  I wound up in the hospital last weekend, I woke up and I was alone and had no idea how I got there!  It was crazy bizarre! Good news:  Only a little less than three months til FI comes home from deployment. I guess both of those kinda sound like bad news, but hey I like to try to find a positive in everything!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good news: start with personal trainer tomorrow Bad news: i have been eating everything i can get my hands on knowing i start with  a personal trainer this week
  • Options
    Bad News: the doctoral program I'm in has decided to radically change the course listings for the summer term meaning that I either have to be in Texas until 3 days before planned wedding date and also delay honeymoon, or change the wedding date, or tack an extra year onto the program, or protest to the dean to have original course listings honored (none of those sound good) Good News: finally told my lovely aunt very tactfully that I am very touched by the offer, but will not be wearing her wedding dress from 1974. Whew! Like this game :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards