Missouri-Kansas City

Rave!

Okay ladies, i commented on someones post a while back that i had an appt at the gown gallery and would let everyone know how it went. Well it was awesome. I went with my FMIL and my mom. we walked in and didnt see very many dresses and thought it was gonna be a waste of time but they have a TON in the back you tell your consultant exactly what you want and dont want and they bring out dresses accordingly, i also gave them my budget (1500) and they ONLY brought out dresses under my budget, which was nice that i didnt have to fall in love with an oober expensive gown and be heartbroken when i found out i couldnt afford it. This was a completely different experience than davids bridal (which i would not recommend at all, i had a horrible experience with them, BUT i have heard good things so i guess it must depend on the store and consultant) anyways i found THE dress. I ordered my Maggie Sottero "anniston" in ivory over light gold and its amazing. its not the silhoutte i thought i would end up with but all the ones i had pictured in my mind just didnt look right on me. I was also looking all over for the perfect veil and my consultant makes them and is customizing my birdcage veil to match my dress. To top it all off my dress was only $839 i never thought my dream dress would be so below my budget!! anyways just thought id let everyone know about my experience im sooo happy!

Re: Rave!

• edited December 2011
    I ordered my dress from Gown Gallery! It actually came in last week and I went in to try it on Monday. I was happy to find out that they are moving to their NEW location at the end of October so I think the experience will get even better!
  • edited December 2011
    awesome!!! I feel so out of the loop though because i didnt even know they were moving!! where are they moving too?
  • edited December 2011
    They are moving downtown, 19th and Grand!! I just found out last week when I went to try on my dress!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi- this may seem *totally* random but I have fallen in LOVE with pictures of Anniston! Is there any chance you were able to take pictures of yourself in it? I am planning my wedding for fall 2010, but I am living in the Virgin Islands this year. So... I am going to have a very limited amount of time to travel to the states and dress shop. I'm trying to see pictures of the few dresses that I think I'll like on real people, in real lighting, no touch up, etc. to get a better idea of the dress. If you could help me out I would VERY much appreciate it. My email address is: tatianazeb@aol.com Thank you so much in advance! I hope you're enjoying the wedding process =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards