Maine
Options

Need a new ceremony site near Camden!

Oh the joy! My wedding stress has begun... I just learned today that the site my fiancee and I had booked for our ceremony -- the amphitheatre behind the library in Camden -- is actually already taken by an arts and crafts fair. (Good thing we visited this past weekend to see what things will look like next year, because I got the distinct sense that no one was going to alert us about this little scheduling snafu!) So I'm wondering if anyone has ideas about ceremony sites in the midcoast area, especially around Camden, Rockport, Rockland, or Lincolnville. We'd also consider towns slightly beyond that if the right opportunity arose. Our wedding is October 2, 2010, and we're expecting 100-115 guests. We really do NOT want to change the date, because our reception site (The Whitehall Inn, which is AWESOME) only has September 4 (Labor Day) or September 11 (obviously not ideal for romance.) Any ideas, ladies? We'd consider the unusual. And we're trying to keep it at a budget of $600 or less. Thank you for any help!

Re: Need a new ceremony site near Camden!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no, that's terrible! I can't believe they didn't tell you about that!You could check out the Camden Opera House, the Camden Yacht Club, the Camden Snow Bowl, and the Owls Head Transportation Museum. You could also try the Cellardoor Vineyard in Lincolnville. I know they don't host wedding receptions, but they might do a ceremony. There are a couple other places in the area, but from what I've found, they won't accommodate 100-115 people (the Vesper's Children's Chapel in Rockport only goes up to 75, and the top of Mount Battie can only accommodate up to 40, and the MerrySpring Garden Center only 50).Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got marriedat the Vesper hillhildren's chapel and it was perfect they have an area where you can get married outside. It was only like 250 for us.  The chapel only holds 75 w people sitting outside tho...Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vesper Hill "childrens chapel," in the chapel itself only holds comfortably like 40ish.  But the grounds are beautiful and can accomodate 2-3 hundred.  Donation of $250 and its yours.  We though about getting married there.  The Merry Springs nature park can hold inside under 75.  Outside they have an amazing gazebo and well manicured landscapes and flowers.  Room for a couple hundred.  One of my friends got married there outside.  She rented chairs from party fundamentals and the only issue was parking.  Donation as well. I didnt think Owls Head Transportation Museum allowed weddings?  When we were planning we called to ask and they said no.  That was overa year ago though.  Maybe they got their insurance changed? The old MBNA building in Rockland has the board walk and a huge gazebo all on the ocean.  I dont know who owns all that property now but maybe contact the Rockland Chamber of Commerce or the city hall if interested.  Ducktrap RetreatGood luck in planning.  I am sorry that the site was already booked.  Excellent taste~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards