Maine
Options

Tent Rentals/Catering

I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for "reasonable" priced tent rentals.  I have emailed a few companies and no one has returned my inquiry.  I'm torn between a tented reception at a family residence, or to just can it and go with our second choice, which is a venue downtown portland that comes with all the details.  Outside is my dream wedding.  Is it worth all the hassel renting tables, chairs, etc.?? Any feedback would be great!

Also, does anyone know of any caterers out there who are flexible with their menu and provide china and bartending?

Re: Tent Rentals/Catering

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where is the residence?  My caterer is out of Bethel and they are very reasonable and great to work with.  We are supplying the alcohol and hiring bartenders they recommend separately.  We are getting our dishes from the same place we are getting our tables, chairs and linens from and it's been fairly easy.  She is helping to go over our list and advise if we need more glassware, etc.  It definitely is more effort to piece together everything on your own, but go for your dream wedding!  I know another Maine Knottie used Black Tie Catering Co and they provided everything, including the tables, chairs, linens, bartending, etc.  It will take some effort but you should price out having one place do it all or what it would be to use multiple vendors.

Good luck with the planning!
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Finest Kind catering in North Yarmouth (http://www.fkcater.com/index.htm) for our day before BBQ.  Virginia has been great to work with, and her food is tasty and seems reasonably priced.  She has an extensive menu, but I think she's also fairly flexible, and she has china and linen service (not sure about the bartending). 

We are using New England Tent & Awning out of Brunswick for our tent rental.  I think they also have garden chairs, tables, lighting, and dance floors.  We didn't do that much comparison shopping--our venue recommended them or Sperry Tents, and they were way cheaper than Sperry, but I don't know how they compare to other places.  We've found NE Tent & Awning easy to work with so far, and they gave us a quote quickly. 

Also, you might look into a wedding planner if you're going to piece everything together.  I don't have any suggestions, but I've heard that it can help save you money, although it's obviously an upfront cost, as well as reducing your stress.
  • Options
    love2naplove2nap member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would talk to Are you ready to party? in Waterville if that's not too far for you. I think there prices are reasonable and have different sizes, we rent from them all the time at work and they are great to work with.

Honestly, I would recommend going with all the details and having it at a venue. The venue will hook you up with everything, including a day-of coordinator. I think it will be less of a headache and a lot less work. You really don't want to be worrying about who is going to set up what, rain plans and silverware on your big day. Unless you have a lot of time on your hands or are on a really tight budget, I would recommend having it an organized venue-- it's definately worth the money in my opinion, and it's typically not too much more. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Party Plus in Biddeford and One Stop Party Shoppe in Portland are both very reasonable. They gave me competitive quotes. Just keep calling until you get someone on the line. I also found it helpful to go through my caterer/event planner. We talked about what I needed to rent and they actually placed the order for me. We are working with The Blue Elephant Events and Catering. They are so fantastic, give them a call. Good luck and happy planning! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards