Nebraska-Omaha

Hair & Make-Up Recs Please (OOT Knottie)

I'm from IL, getting married in Omaha.  Can anyone recommend a great salon for Up-dos and Make-up?  Even a particular stylist?I am going for a very classic and tranditional look.Does anyone have any experience with Bauno's or Creative Hair Design.  Family has suggested them...Thanks in advance!

Re: Hair & Make-Up Recs Please (OOT Knottie)

• edited December 2011
    I haven't been to either salon that you have mentioned, but Reve is really great at up-do's and makeup. For hair I go to Lindsay B...but Meg is also great! In fact, they all are!
  • tarmar81tarmar81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Hilda at The Hair Market near 11th and Howard for both hair and makeup.  My half-up do stayed in place and curled all day and night, and my make-up was smooth and very "bridal."  I loved it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I recommend Teez for hair and makeup. If you have your bp get their hair done too yours is free! You also get complimentary bagels, donuts and mimosas! I've been going to Teez for a few years, and my girls loved it! There are pics if you click on "we're married" below if you want to see how it turned out. I went with a traditional hairstyle, and some of my bms were a little trendier-everyone looked great! The salon just moved from 110th and Pacific to 156th and Maple. Usually Nicole does my color and Jamie does my cut and style (it's a specialized salon, so different stylists do different things) but for the wedding Tom, the salon owner did my hair and Jamie did my MOH's hair.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • barbiebirdbarbiebird member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Christine from Blush Makeup-she advertises on the knot. Could not be happier with the job she did-she comes to you and she did an amazing job.
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are interested in someone who comes to you, Marcia and her crew did the hair and makeup for my bridal party and I and did an amazing job.  They were a lot of fun to have around while getting ready and were really reasonable.  Contact info in my bios.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • edited December 2011
    Creative Hair Design is great and well coordinated for groups. For the coronation ball a few years ago they did all 101 of the girls hair and make-up. It was a well oiled machine and they had a champagne brunch for us too. They've been voted best of in Omaha for very good reason. I personally only use CHD for my esthetician, but did enjoy the job they did on my hair and make-up for the ball. A few stylists even came to the Qwest to touch up hair and makeup that night between dinner and the coronation. Good Luck. Personally, I'll be using my independent stylist and a neighbor that sells Mary Kay. FYI - Mary Kay will come to you free and do your makeup!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Creative Hair Design for my wedding and I LOVED it!! I got both my hair and make-up there, I think her name might have started with a T. I know she does make-up on the side for shows and things. All 3 of my bridesmaids got their hair done and my mother got her make-up done there also. I've also gone there for all of my proms and homecoming hair in highschool. The only thing you might want to know is if you want fake eyelashes, you need to buy your own (along with the glue) but they will put them on for you and they stayed all day. Everyone loved my hair and my make-up. HTH!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards