Ohio-Columbus

Photographer/Rehearsal Dinner/Accommodations

Hello everyone,

Has anyone used or heard anything about Amanda Julca or Kimberly Potterf photography??  I am having a very hard time deciding on them and would like some input!

Any good recommendations on Rehearsal Dinner spot in the Westerville or Downtown area.  I would like it to be a private room for around 30-50 people.  

What hotels would you recommend in the Downtown area?? We are getting married at The Loft at Smith Brothers and we are looking for Accommodations!  I heard the Renaissance has the best views and best place to get ready, but wanted some more input!

Also.....any great party bus/transportation suggestions???

Thank you!

Re: Photographer/Rehearsal Dinner/Accommodations

• edited December 2011
    We used Kim Potterf for wedding in May. So happy we did! She took amazing photos, made us comfortable being photographed, and most of time (other than posing for portraits), we didn't even know she was there. She was simply a breeze to work with and we love our photos-we look at them over and over! 

We had our rehearsal dinner at DeepWood downtown. We had almost 60 people, so we used most of the main restaurant space, but they have a private room from 40-50 people. I posted some more details about them in a recent rehearsal dinner post below.  But to sum it up: great food, great staff, great service. 

As far as hotels, we blocked rooms at the Renaissance and got a really great rate through them. We wanted a hotel with easy access to anywhere in the city, my husband wanted a hotel close to us so his family could visit easily, and I wanted be sure people were close to all the activities while they were in town. However many of our guests stayed a the Doubletree. I think they paid the same rate. Anyways, we stayed the wedding night at the Renaissance and had a great room. We arrived around 2 in morning in our wedding clothes and they upgraded the view for us and let us take the champagne bottle (we got a romance package or something) in the morning. Breakfast the next day was good too. My husband now craves the Nutella/banana French toast he had that morning! Good experience overall.

We used Columbus Trolley for transportation. Again, I posted more about it in a post below. But my husband insisted on a trolley (good thing he did- because I ended up loving it) and our bridal party had a great time. We could move around easily and got some great pictures on it. The driver was prompt, and drove wherever we wanted downtown between the ceremony and reception. We had 11 people on the trolley (including our photographer), but it seats up to 22. 

If you want/need any more details, just PM me!
  • skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might also look at Shane Tucker Design. www.shanetuckerdesign.com He did DD's wedding last month and we are VERY pleased with the pictures. Bring up the URL, scroll to the bottom and click on Photos/Ordering.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Kimberly for our wedding in September and she is fabulous! We just got our engagement photos back and we absolutely love them. She is so fun and has a great eye- she really does a wonderful job capturing emotions. Her photos are elegant and artistic while still being "real" which is what I love. I highly recommend her!
  • BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal dinner at Polaris Grill and everything was delicious!  We had a private room that my MIL was able to decorate earlier in the day, the service was wonderful the evening of, and my in-laws said they were helpful in menu planning as well.
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal dinner at the Spaghetti Warehouse on Broad Street.  It was so affordable, and seriously the easiest part of our planning!
  • molly12oumolly12ou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal dinner at Due Amici in the private room.  I loved it almost as much as my wedding! =) 
  • edited December 2011
    I, too, am considering Amanda Julca!  Did you decide?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards