Kentucky
Options

Mariachi Bands??

Hey girls!  This is probably a long shot....but does anyone have the slightest clue as to where I could possibly find a Mariachi (sp?) band in the Western Kentucky (Owensboro/Bowling Green) area?  My sister said she recently went to a wedding in a very small town that had one but it was across the state on the Eastern KY side so I was looking for someone closer.  We thought it would be a great, fun way to surprise my fiance since he has a degree in Spanish and has traveled abroad to study the language in several countries and lived in Mexico for awhile.  I have no idea how much something like this would even cost.  I'm only considering it right now.  If you have any idea where I could find a band or have another good idea, please let me know!  Thanks in advance!!

Re: Mariachi Bands??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Katie I would check your local Mexican restaurants, some of them might have a night where a Mariachi Band plays and you can go and listen to them, or just check with any of the employees if they can suggest any. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a great idea!  We have tons of Mexican restaurants in this area, including Indiana about an hour away.  Thanks!  I was also thinking today about how I should ask my fiance's Spanish professor at our university.  Surely between the restaurants and his instructor I can find someone....    Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    your welcome and Congratulations on your engagement!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  And congratulations to you also!!  I see that you're from Louisville... have you found a dress yet?  I just went shopping in L-ville a couple of weeks ago at the Bridal Suite and Rebecca's...they have some really pretty dresses!  Much better than Owensboro's selection, LOL.  Unfortunately, I haven't found "the one" yet though :-(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a bridal show and David's Bridal and Bridal Warehouse consultants were there and I did schedule an appt with both,so I went just to get an Idea of what looks good on my body type and well since I'm not getting married until 2011 I didn't want to walk out with a dress at least not yet, thankfully I didn't find the dress. once the wedding is a year away I want to go to Rebecca's and Regiss Bridal and check their selection, I think I might go with Casa Blanca I love their dresses. I'm sure you'll find the dress of your dreams,have a great time planning your wedding!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards