Colorado-Denver

Bigger sample sizes

Hey all- I need a little assistance.  Does anyone know of any bridal stores that carry larger sample sizes- like 18/20?  Other than David's Bridal (shopped there this weekend and HATED it).  I have been to a couple of shops and they seem to only have samples in around 8 or 12- I can't really even get these on, so it's pretty hard to see how I would look.  TIA!

Re: Bigger sample sizes

• spongejenspongejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Someone posted this question on here a couple weeks ago, so if you google you might be able to find the post. I know when I went to d'anellis in Lakewood I saw a couple brides trying on more plus sized samples, so maybe call and ask what their selection is like? Also I think when this was posted before someone said amanda's bridal in Arvada had bigger sizes. Good luck!
  • kikibabykikibaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks- I'll try to find the post, but the search feature on here is awful.  I was planning on going to both d'anelli's and amanda's, so I'll give them a call first.
  • chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am plus-size & found my dress at Chiyo's Bridal (in Aurora).  The store itself is nothing special & looks pretty dumpy from the outside...but they had several plus sized samples & I found my Maggie Sottero dress there!  Good Luck!
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • kikibabykikibaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll check out Chiyo's- thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Celestial Bridal and Tux also had several plus sizes when I went.  It also looks like Chiyo's does, it is in a strip mall, but the dresses are all sorted by sizes so easy to shop.
  • edited December 2011
    I concur on Amanda's Bridal. They have an amazing selection, AND their consultants are awesome. I went to Schaffer's three years ago, when I was engaged the first time, and they treated me horribly. DO NOT GO TO SCHAFFER'S if you're a plus sized bride. I don't know how they are now, but the woman I worked with three years ago had the audacity to ask me if I wouldn't be more comfortable going to a bridal store that catered to heavier brides. I'm insecure enough about my weight thanks. Needless to say, I ended up at Amanda's and loved them.
  • edited December 2011
    I had an awesome experience with Amanda's, so I highly recommend you give them a try!  They were really gracious, friendly, and easy to communicate with and they had a lot of plus-sized samples and their other samples were mostly 12s and 14s, so at least for me I could get an idea what they'd look like in a bigger size!
    imageimageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards