North Carolina
Options

Outdoor ceremony sites

Does anyone know of a place to have an outdoor ceremony with a nearby place for an indoor reception? Preferably not too far outside of the Triangle area. Also on a slim budget so under $1500 is a plus!

Re: Outdoor ceremony sites

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How many people we talking?
  • Options
    LBM7189LBM7189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The NCSU Arboretum is very pretty and not too pricey.  We considered this as a venue, but if you have your reception inside at one of their buildings you cannot serve alcohol, and that was a deal breaker for us.  We wanted a location where we could have everything in 1 place and it was perfect except for the alcohol.Plus, Lake Wheeler has a nice boat house and you can get married out on the pier.  The reception space is inside, but small- only holds like 75 or so.And, there is the Bass Lake Boat House in Holly Springs.  It is very pretty, right on the water with a pier to have a wedding on and a reception site right beside it.  You could your reception indoor/outdoor there.Good luck!
  • Options
    JemmessicaJemmessica member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what kind of place your looking or where, but we got married at sertoma 4-h center north of Winston and did the indoor outdoor thing.... It was $1500 for the whole place for the whole weekend! See pics in my bio and at tellingyourstoryphotographers.com
  • Options
    JemmessicaJemmessica member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, nm you said tiangle area!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We'll definitely check into the Arboretum since we're not toooo concerned about alcohol :).  We are looking to have 100-150 guests but are worried about an outdoor site with not indoor back up plan!
  • Options
    OppsCDaizyOppsCDaizy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Barn at Valhalla were I got married is a good place. It's in Chapel Hill. Because there is a "barn" (It's not really a barn per say) there is also an indoor space. Additionally, Duffy will let you come on Friday to set up and break down on Sunday which was so helpful. It's not under $1500, but is $2000. We were on a budget too, but were able to swing it and cut back in other areas. It as perfect. You can see pics as tellingyourstoryphotographers.com and we're Lori and Preston.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ladies, I was going to ask the same question, looking in Charlotte or Asheville though.  75ish people, I want a place with a really great garden, lake or mountain view...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards