Wisconsin
Options

Photog Recommendations?

Hi ladies.  I'm looking for a photog in the LaCrosse(ish) area.  We would be willing to pay a little for travel from somewhere around there if the price was right and the photog was awesome.  We don't want to spend any more than $1500.  Thanks!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: Photog Recommendations?

• Options
    J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess I should also mention that we like the photo-journalistic style more than posed shots.  We'd love someone that could get a ton of really great candids, and some really creative detail pictures.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using David Orndorf www.ddophoto.com He will travel and his style is really journalistic. We knew we found the right person when he said - the posed shots will take about 15 minutes. Then I'll keep you moving to catch the other shots. He used to only do magazine work, but about 10 years ago switched to wedding photography (when magazine circulation started going down). Our wedding is in 4 weeks, so we haven't had any photos yet. But wanted to send the recommendation. I'll let you know how it goes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Tiffany Brubaker (tiffanybrubaker.com). She's from LaCrosse and it beyond awesome. Some of our epics are in my bio if you'd like to see, I'm waiting on our wedding pics. We booked her last October and her rates were very reasonable. I dont know what they are now but she has that info on her website. Either way she's sooo worth it. I loved her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!  I love what I see on both websites :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ken's Digital I know he loves a challenge and a bride who is willing to step out a little. He has traveled for destination weddings, so I'm guessing LaCrosse would not be so bad.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    buczbr01buczbr01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a student at Luther College and my brother goes to LaCrosse so I'm somewhat familiar with the area and only about 70 minutes away.  I am a photographer for Luther and I LOVE doing the random shots moreso than the posed ones.   That is what our photographer is doing for us as well.  I just did a wedding reception for my friends on October 17th.  If you would like to see some of my work I can send you a link to my online portfolio.  If you choose someone else that is understandable, I just thought I would offer since I'm near by.  Feel free to contact me at britt_sing_praise@yahoo.com
  • Options
    buczbr01buczbr01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you do send me an email please title the subject "The Knot Photos" or something of that sort so that I do not think it is spam mail.  Thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also used David Orndorf- he is great to work with and has amazing photography. Our pics are posted in a thread a few up from here. HTH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im using Benaszeski Photography
    Cell: 651-246-3616

Home Office: 715-804-4742 give them a call they are located in wausau ask about them traveling

• Options
    buczbr01buczbr01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you ever find a photographer?  Here is some information for you:
    Sample Pictures:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2053038&id=59203520&l=70236ac542
    $600 WEDDING PACKAGE:
    - An engagement shoot (which also serves as your $100 deposit)
    - A CD of all of your edited and non edited pictures
    - The copyrights to all of your photos: You may print, post and facebook them however you would like!
    - Coverage for the wedding day includes:
    Getting Dressed/Hair
    Ceremony
    Post Ceremony Family shots, Couple shots and Bridal Party shots
    Grand March
    First Dances (Father-Daughter etc)
    Cake Cutting
    Guests Dancing the Night Away
    Anything else that I feel deserves to have a picture!
    - A photo album containing a 4 x 6 of 200 of your best photos as decided by myself.

PAYMENT:
    $100 is due at your engagement shoot.

$250 is due the night of the wedding, and the other $250 is due when you get your photo CDs. (Approximately within three weeks of the wedding including shipping time.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards