Maine

Finally bought my dress!!!

Finally after what seemed like an entire lifetime I found my dream dress and I wanted to take a minute to rave about the place I bought it and thank some of the girls on here for pointing me in the direction of Madeleine's Daughter in Portsmouth. I went to pretty much every bridal shop you can think of between Portsmouth and Bangor and actually went to Madeleine's three times before I found my perfect dress on the third trip! They were so helpful and the girl that helped me, Brandi, was amazing. She put up with me continuing to say no, I didn't find "the one" and trying on what seemed like 100 dresses and through it all she continued to be super nice and helpful and she always brought me dresses that were within my price range. I would definately recommend this place to anyone looking to buy their dress. I would also highly recommend Andrea's Bridal in Portland and The Henry's Bridal in Bangor...even though I didn't buy my dress there they were great shops with very nice people.

Re: Finally bought my dress!!!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats! That's the best check! Let's see it!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hooray!!! I'm sure it's beautiful! Thats the best thing when you finally get the dress!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay!! What dress did you get? I also loved Madeline's and Andrea's but ended up getting my dress at Andrea's. The reason being I ended up with a dress that was nothing like I thought I wanted. When I went to Madeline's I told them that I was having an outdoor wedding on a lake so I needed something a bit less formal without a ton of sparkles or beading, etc. and the dresses my sales lady brought were beautiful and exactly what I had asked for, but none of them felt like "the one" to me. When I went to Andrea's, they let me pick anything off the racks that caught my eye and of course sparkles and beading drew me right in and I wound up in love with my Mirabella gown. Anyway, I'm so glad you found a dress!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay, that's exciting!  Tell us about the dress!
  • edited December 2011
    I'll post some pics when I get them uploaded...no time right now. The dress is by Watters and the style is Natalia :-) The picture on the website does it NO justice!
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Madelines Daughter as well!  I also looked everywhere in the state before going there.  I hated "The Henrys".  I went there a few times hoping it would get better. The girl helping me was nice enough but not an experience I would recommend to anyone else.  I had Mckenzie at Madelines Daughter and she was great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards