Colorado-Denver
Options

Mountain Bakeries?

I am trying to find a bakery for our wedding cake.  Denver isn't really a good option because our wedding is going to be in Black Hawk.  Does anybody know of bakeries in the Black Hawk-ish area?  Some travel is fine, but I don't think all the way from Denver is a good idea.  TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mountain Bakeries?

• Options
    chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gina, I don't have any recommendations for bakers in the mountains, but I honestly think you should consider a Denver baker (at least to compare prices & get some free cake samples!) :)  We got married in Winter Park (even further than Black Hawk) and had a Denver baker (Paula Thomas from Teacup Shop in Wash Park and she was cheaper than the bakers up in the mountains and she delivered & set up the cake herself.  We were THRILLED with her cakes (wedding & groom's cake pics in my married bio).  That being said not all Denver bakeries have the best deliveries (I heard a horror story about a local bakery hiring college aged kids to deliver their cakes & the cakes arriving damaged).  But if you find a good independent baker like Paula or some of the other women that the knotties have posted about on this board it is worth at least comparing prices :)  Good Luck!
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • Options
    KariMichaelKariMichael member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second looking into Denver bakeries. We were married in Breckenridge and the cake plus delivery from Denver was less then teh bakeries in Breckenridge and we had a whole lot more of a selection. We used Maggie and Molly's and they are in West Denver.
  • Options
    gina_bo_benagina_bo_bena member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!!  We are going to Das Meyer in Arvada...they have free, no appt necessary, tastings every Saturday from 10:30am-3:30pm.And it's good to know that going with a bakery in Denver isn't a big deal with travel and all of that!  Thx!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They will not deliver to the mountains!  A free tasting there is fun, but Dennis is strict on his delivery rules and he is one that tells you to find someone to deliver your cake.Good bakeries to try that absolutely will deliver to the mountains:Kelley Kakes (delivery to Black Hawk will be cheap)A Matter of TasteEat Dessert First
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards