Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Metallica For First Dance?

Might be off the wall but I was just looking at a wedding song website and they had Nothing Else Matters by Metallica listed for a unity candle song. I know it's a long song, would need to be cut down, but I'm thinking of using that for the first dance song. The meaning behind the words is so powerful. What do you ladies think?

Re: Metallica For First Dance?

• edited December 2011
    Absolutely. Your first dance should reflect you as a couple. Do what has meaning to you. We are using James Taylor's version of Danny's Song, because everytime we hear it, it makes us sappy for each other :). Even though I am not pregnant nor do we have any children together lol
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Totally agree!! Pick a song that you & your FI LOVE!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • tbolsontbolson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's great idea and very original! I actually listened to an instrumental version the other day and was debating whether or not to use it.  this version would be perfect if you wanted to use it during the ceremony.  Look up "Nothing Else Matters" by Apocalyptica on the album Inquisition Symphony.  I found it on iTunes.Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    That's actually the song me and my fiance are using for our first dance. We're both really into rock music and it fits our personalities much better than a classical/instrumental song.
    Anniversary
  • shannondabshannondab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are dancing to a hard rock song as well, "When I look into your Eyes" by Firehouse.  It should fit you and your personalities and you should be able to dance to it easily.  This part of the wedding is all about you two!
  • whis1970whis1970 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also having Firehouse, Love Of A Lifetime for one of the songs at the reception. We grew up in the 80's so there will be lots of "Hair Bands" playing that day lol. The funniest one will when we go back up the aisle after our vows, Mama We're All Crazy Now, by Quiet Riot lol.
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful song choice. My fiance and I are going to be dancing to this song for our first dance. I think it has amazing lyrics and is a great balance his music prefrence( heavy metal) and my more traditional taste. There was no debate this was our song as soon as we began to discuss choices.
  • JEMP74JEMP74 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great choice.  My FI and I are dancing to that one as well.  We've also been taking ballroom dance lessons for about two years now (not for the wedding but for exercise) and plan to do an actual waltz to the song.
  • ApetrettaApetretta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome choice!!! Definately a powerful song!
  • edited December 2011
    I have seriously considered this song for my first dance!  I'm really surprised so many other brides are too!  Yay!Another option I'm thinking of is "Ballroom Blitz" by Sweet... it WILL be played at my wedding, just not sure if it'll be our first dance or not!
    Photobucket
    12/25
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    That's our first dance song too!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards