Massachusetts
Options

Thoughts on videographer?

I'm grappling with the idea of getting a videographer.  I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or knew of a videographer that is good, but kind of on the cheaper side.  My fiance's not really interested, buy I'm just getting worried that if we don't get one I'll regret it later!

Re: Thoughts on videographer?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went through the same thing.  As of today I am not havinga  videographer.  Cheap is a relative term... the lowest price I think I remember seeing was about $700.  I initlally gave up the idea of a videographer when I went over my photography budget by about 75% and needed to trim something. I felt like photos were worth investing in. The more I thought about it the less interested I became.  For me personally I am super anal and when I watch my friends videos all I see are the flaws, I also was not super impressed with any of the vendors I saw.  I actually have some extra money now and I am pretty sure I will be using it on lighting... You never know though I am still four months out I may have a melt down a week before and book a videographer.
  • Options
    mrs.rescue4mrs.rescue4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm an old Nestie just popping in.  I would encourage ANY bride & groom to spend what they can for a videographer.  Still pics are nice but being back in the moment is wonderful...there's really nothing like it.  To add to that, having lost my dad to cancer a couple of years after my wedding...well, it was tough as anyone who's lost someone dear to them knows.  Watching our wedding video gives me the opportunity to see (& hear) dad and remember him being so healthy and lively.  Your wedding day goes by SO fast...a video will help you to remember all the little things you may have missed.  :) Just my .02....GL & Congrats!
  • Options
    sherwrightsherwright member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could not afford one no matter how much I wanted one.  I brought my own video camera and had my MOH film the ceremony, entrance, 1st dance and speeches.  To my surprise they took the camera and went around to all the tables and got candid congrats from guests.Its a raw video and not high quality by any means but it was the best we could do and Im happy with it.If you go this route, bring an extra battery.  So happy I did.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards