Texas-San Antonio

just wondering

my fiance and i initially wanted to get married in a year and a half but i just recently saw my school schedule (im in dental school) and it just seems way to busy to even plan a wedding and then with all the national boards i have to take....so i was just wondering would it be extremely weird if we had a 3 year engagement? i just simply do not have the time to plan the wedding while being a full time dental student. i have to take my boards after the 2nd year so that pretty much moves everything to my 3rd year in school to plan and get married in may/june 2012?? just wondering if this is ok or too weird to have such a long engagement?? thanks! -jenn

Re: just wondering

• edited December 2011
    Some people may think it's weird, but I don't at all. We waited a year and a half to get married so that I could finish grad school. It was very stressful trying to plan the wedding and finish school, so I completely understand your point! Dental school is a big load and I think it's great that you and your fiance are smart enough to get your priorities in order. I would definitely recommend that if you graduate in May, don't have the wedding the same month. There's too many last minute things you'll have to do. We got married in July and it left me with plenty of time to worry about small details. Good luck and congratulations on your engagement!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I were engaged for 3 years. We were waiting for him to finish school, and also savign up money, since we were footing the bill ourselves. Nobody thought it was wierd, and it turned out to be the best thing for us. Just don't start any solid planning earlier than 1.5 years out--it will get too complicated and wierd, and you may change your mind too many times.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards