Iowa-Des Moines

registry and the invitation

Ok, so I feel like a complete dork because I've been told that putting where my fiance and I are registered at on the bottom of the invitation is rude and tacky so my question..... Where do I put it or how do I let people know where we are registered?

Re: registry and the invitation

• EJPintEJPint member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, bad news to put it on the invite.  You can put it on your website if you have one, enclosed with any shower invitations or pass it on by word of mouth.  People will figure it out!  Good luck:)
    Natural m/c 8/31/12 at 11 wks BFP #2 - Due August 16!
  • edited December 2011

i think etiquette dictates registry info is OK in shower invites because the point of the party is to "shower" the bride with gifts. it should not be in your wedding invites though. i agree with pp about putting on your wedding site or just having it spread by word of mouth. people usually get the hint.

• krysh2302krysh2302 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Registry information is toally ok on the bridal invites.....but I would still suggest putting an inserted card with the info vs. actually printing it on the invite.

Also, if you have a wedding website, encourage your guests to visit the site, and put your registry info on the site.

Hope this helps.
  • krysh2302krysh2302 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ** correction **

I wanted to make sure I made myself clear...

Regisry info on the SHOWER invites is ok...but it's a no go on the actual wedding invitation!
  • edited December 2011

Don't put it on your wedding invitation.

Unless all of your guests have been living under a rock or this is their very first wedding EVER, they will know to check Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc.   ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Married 10.11.08
    Baby LJ 05.21.10
    TheRookieChef.com
  • edited December 2011
    You can put it anywhere you want, just remember that.  We are going to put it on the invitation, the same place both of my sisters did (nobody thought it was rude or tacky), and plenty of other people do it.  Depending on which of my invitation styles we go with that I created, it will either be on the front or the back; it just depends on where I put all the other information at.  Realized that not everybody has internet access, and word of mouth isn't the greatest idea in the world either.  I think people worry too much about etiquette.  My philosophy is that if you think it's a good idea then go for it, and don't worry about everybody else.  They will get over it, and won't even remember it.  Look at me... the Dollar Dance is apparently a big no-no, but we are going to do it or something similar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards