Georgia-Savannah
Options

? for our local ladies

I was wondering if any of any of the Savannah ladies can help me figure out what kind of neighborhood surrounds Lafayette Square. We found an AWESOME deal on GORGEOUS condo rentals for the wedding week that seems almost too good to be true. My only guess is that the neighborhood isn't the greatest. My main concern would be whether it's safe to be out alone after dark and whether our guests would have any reason to be afraid of anything in the immediate area. Thanks!

Re: ? for our local ladies

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Lafayette Square is a great, quiet area.  It is right next to the Cathedral of St John the Baptist and very near the Desoto Hilton Hotel.  I would stay in that area.  The only downfall is that it is a little farther than I like to walk to the area of town where the "action" is.  I have walked it plenty of times before, but its not the greatest idea.  You can, however, walk to the Six Pence Pub, McDonough's (best kareoke in town) and a few yummy restaurants.  I would go for it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I actually prefer not to be right in the middle of all the hustle and bustle.... hence going from Chicago to Savannah for our wedding.  :-)  Looks like I'll be booking the condo for our wedding week.  YAY!
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Very cool!  I am so excited for you.  I think that area will be perfect for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards