Oregon
Options

portland venue

So I am wondering if there is anyone who has had a wedding or been to a wedding at the QAVM. We booked it a few months ago for our wedding next August, but I am now having second thoughts because of the horrible reviews online (which I hadn't seen before we booked it). We put a $1000 deposit down but if the day is going to be awful I think it might just be worth it to back out now. So if you have had a wedding there what was the service, food, coordinator, etc like? Also we were thinking about brining in some of our own food and the owner has said she was ok with it so far but from the sounds of the reviews what gets said before the wedding and what happens on wedding day can be two different things. Any information would be much appreciated it seems way to early to have a stress freak out now! :)

Re: portland venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to a wedding there last summer that seemed to be really nice, and ran smoothly. They had the ceremony in the gazebo, then moved over to the large grassy area dor dinks an ddinner, toasts, the cake. Dancing was back under the gazebo so people could move there or wander the grounds, which were really pretty with all the lights. From a guests point of view there were no snags, and eveything was planned out and executed well. My only complaint was that the food was not all that great. The salad was soggy, and the rice was bland. If you are being told you can go with an outside caterer Iwould get that in writing and move forward with it. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding here this last summer and it was beautiful. Same set up as pp and everything went smoothly. I would definitely get it in writing that you can bring your own food. The food served at the wedding wasn't that great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Will they let you bring in an outside caterer? The site couldn’t be more beautiful. I was hesitant after reading bad reviews, but if you can use your own caterer that would make me rethink them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi J! I am getting married at the QAVM in August next year as well. I haven't personally heard anything negative, and most of the negative reviews I see online stem from misconceptions about the contract. My advice would be to make sure you know the contract inside and out and just be very clear with the staff about your expectations for the big day. If it still freaks you out, you might consider hiring your own wedding planner to take care of everything. I'm not expecting everything to be perfect, but I haven't heard anything to indicate that it will be awful, either. If anything I hear more good news than bad, and I just got a really great vibe when I went out there. In fact, I didn't even look anywhere else! I hope that helps. :) Good luck with your planning!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ktmo! I haven't looked back at this post in awhile and your comment actually makes me feel a lot better. I agree I got the same good feeling vibe when we went out and we actually went out there several times with my mom then the in laws then my dad and step mom and yeah every time Deb was really nice and helpful. I think I just let those reviews go to my head. I agree its all about reading and knowing the contract and then being at least a little flexible and not a crazy bridezilla :) Good luck with your planning hope things are going well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards