Colorado-Denver
Options

# of cupcakes

so i feel like i talk about cupcakes a lot, but that is okay because they are delicious (don't judge me!).anyway, for those of you that are doing cupcakes or did them at your wedding, how many did you order relative to your number of guests?  we are planning to have a small themed groom's cake for fi (like standard 9x13 cake pan sheet cake sized), a very small cutting cake on top of the cupcake display, and cupcakes.  i assume some people will not eat cake, but i assume others will pig out.  we have picked a vendor but i am not sure how many we should order - enough to equal the number of guests, or enough to have the servings from fi's cake make up the rest, or just order a ton of cupcakes because everyone will want 2?  help me here! :)

Re: # of cupcakes

• Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would order one each, plus a small 'extra' factor.  Maybe something to consider is what would happen to leftovers?  Are you leaving for HM and wouldn't be able to deal with extras?  Could someone box them up and make sure they are not wasted?  Just my thoughts . . . . sounds delicious.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of my friends just got married last weekend and served cupcakes. They didn't have a groom's cake. They had 70 guests and 100 cupcakes. There were leftovers. I also think it depends on the food. They had delicious food and TONS of it so everyone was full by the time cupcake time rolled around. Another wedding I went to this past summer where cupcakes (no groom's cake) were served there wasn't as much food and everyone had two cupcakes - luckily there were enought to go around. HTH!
    imageimage
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    I'm writing, you're reading, everyone's happy | Daring Greatly Blog.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards