DC
Options

Bridal Shower Location Recs?

My sister lives in DC, and is getting married in the area next year. I live out of state, but hope to plan a bridal shower for her there. Any recommendations? Everything I've looked at seems really expensive. Any cute restaurants (brunch maybe?) that don't charge a FORTUNE for room rental? I would like it to be in the city, but if you have convenient recommendations for outside the city, I'd appreciate those too. Thanks!
imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Bridal Shower Location Recs?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine was 2 weeks ago at Barrel Oak Winery in Delaplane (about an hour west off I66).  My MOH brought in all the food, but she said they did not charge her a rental fee.  They set us up in the loft and we had it to ourselves.  We did have to pay the tasting fees and they did a tour of the barrels and wine-making progress.  It was a great trip!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Carlyle in Shirlington has a fantastic brunch.  Its a few miles south of the city, right off 395.  Just not metro convenient.
  • Options
    flip4emflip4em member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Mie N Yu in Georgetown. It has an asian vibe but it's unique and they have a good deal for brunch. I had my shower at the Morrison House in Old Town Alexandria and it was very nice. There is also a place in Arlington with very good Lebanese food called Me Jana. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Mansion on O Street. This place is a lot of fun and they do not charge extra for hosting events. I threw a shower for a friend there and we did the afternoon tea and a tour of the house afterwards. Very cool place! :) GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if they do this anymore, but you can also try afternoon tea at the Ritz Carlton in Tysons Corner, VA. I went there twice years ago (once just for fun and another time for a baby shower) and it's a little fancy schmancy, but it's a lot of fun and great ambiance for a bridal shower or bridesmaids luncheon. I'm planning to do this for my bridesmaids for our BM luncheon before the wedding if it's still available! You may want to look into it - good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards