California-San Diego

Beach venue and rentals help

Hi,
I am planning my wedding for August 2012, and would like the ceremony and reception to be outdoors at the beach. we are looking for about 125 guests with a full dinner and no alcohol. I have been looking at numerous locations online and with a budget of about 1500-1800 for the location the choices have been slim. I plan to use The Old Spaghetti Factory for the catering, but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for the venue. I cannot do the Zlac club because they only allow catering from a few caterers and I need everything to be gluten and dairy free, and everyone wanted to charge lots of extra $ for that. I may have found 1 place, the San Diego Rowing Club, however, i have to bring my own tables, chairs, and linens. I was wondering how all you other brides handled the drop off & pick up arrangements for that stuff when the location doesn't let you keep the stuff there overnight. I was also wondering what rental companies you guys used.
thank you so much!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Beach venue and rentals help

• LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Event Party Rentals (tables and chairs) and A Perfect Table (linens). The deliver before the event and pick up after it's completed. Just ask about that. My coordinator recommended both companies. She works with a lot of them in town and found these to be the most reliable, best priced etc. I don't have my invoice yet so I can't give you actual numbers but give them a call. I'm really excited to work with A Perfect Table. Their prices are really reasonable (ranges depending on what fabric you want) and they have a lot to choose from. I'm making an appointment to go see their showroom in a couple weeks which I know will be much nicer than picking linens from a small swatch in a book or online.

Have you considered the Powerhouse in Del Mar for the venue? I'm not sure of the cost or if you have to choose one of their caterers but it's a great spot! We are going with Terra for our caterer and they offer Gluten Free Dairy Free options. They also source a lot of their food locally.  Sweet Cheeks Baking Company is doing our cake and they offer GF / DF as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards