Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Recommend your caterer!

Okay, this is the last BIG thing I need to book still!  And with less than 6 months to go, I have got to get on the ball!!We are having a Sunday afternoon reception at Bolingbroke in Radnor - not a full meal, I'm thinking more heavy appetizers (maybe some butlered hors d'oeuvres and a few stations).  Probably 50-60 guests.  It is a second wedding for both of us - we want something nice and elegant, but simple and not over the top, if you kwim.Any recommendations??

Re: Recommend your caterer!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    J. Cabot Catering - jcabotcatering.com I used them for my wedding after hearing great things from two co-workers and I had a wonderful experience with them. We did a gigantic cocktail hour with a kabob station and mediterranean display + 6 or 8 butlered hors d'eourves (cheesesteak spring rolls, baby lamb chops, etc.) and it was fantastic. Too bad I didn't really get to eat any of it. =( They also did a sit down dinner for us.
  • Options
    sayfay1973sayfay1973 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You had me at cheesesteak spring rolls!!  Thanks for the recommendation!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've used festivities for a private non-wedding party and their presentation was great!I used to work for Jeffrey Miller and his food is great but not cheap and I'm borderline in recommending them... Still making up my mind
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PTG Catering.  They are in Roxborough section of Philadelphia - so I assume Radnor would be very accessible.  My friends use them ALL the time, for all types of functions and their food is AWESOME.  I mean christenings, weddings, communions, anniv parties.....Here's their link:http://www.ptgrestaurantandcaterers.com/AboutPTG.htmlbut honestly the website does not do the place justice.  If you are interested definitely call bec I know that hes done different stuff for my friends than what is listed on the catering list online.  I've met w/ the owner before too.  His name is Gil and he totally works w/ you and goes straight off of your idea.  They have an awesome byob restaurant in Roxborough.  You should go try it out, get a sample of their food.  Sorry for the long post...I just really love their food. LOL
  • Options
    TianacheronTianacheron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    love bolingbroke! i can't say enough good things about my caterer, http://www.cateringbymarios.com/. excellent food and even better service. they did my wedding in berwyn, so i'm certain they will travel to radnor
    image Ridin dirty
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Festivities for my bat mitzvah years ago and the food was great.  We're using Ellsworth Scott and Staff for our wedding and I cannot rave enough about how good our food tasting was.
  • Options
    nuremenoshnuremenosh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jack Francis Catering in Conshohocken does a lot those kinds of parties. I was at an engagement party they did a few months ago.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sage Catering in (I think Radnor) is SO delish and the staff has been nothing short of receptive and fabulous.  Darby and Ed are willing to work with anyone regarding budget, menu, etc.  I went to an open house and tried some of the food and I couldn't believe how good it was!  We are also having heavy hors devores and a few small plate stations and they completely understand what type of event we are trying to have!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Robert Ryan Catering - my sister just had them for her wedding and the food was delish! Most of their catering is off-site, so I believe they would go to Radnor. They have a lot of creative new things every season and they are also really great to work with!
    ~* Diana *~ ~* October 9, 2010 *~

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    mfatto01mfatto01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    John Serock Catering (www.serockcatering.com).  I used him and he was amazing.  He can literally do anything you want and the food is delicious.  He has s small store right in Malvern, so you can stop in for lunch or dinner any time to check out his food.  He was really easy to work with and great as far as communication.  Good luck with everything!!
  • Options
    tubtub member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jeffrey Miller Catering is by far the best wedding food I have ever had. Their food is delicious and everyone is extremely friendly. I highly recommend them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards