Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

board of trade? top cats/ other bands....?

Hey! We are thinking about booking our wedding at the Board of Trade but I'm having trouble getting into town... anyone have any opinions/ any pictures to share? From what I have found so far I love the outside but I'm worried about the inside and how it looks in person...Also, we were planning on having mixed nuts but just found out top cats are also available- anyone have a preference?Thanks so much! I couldn't live without this board!

Re: board of trade? top cats/ other bands....?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning our wedding from out of town as well, and wanted a place that had a New Orleans feel (I'm from CA/fiance originally from NO/most guests will be from OOT). So far, we couldn't be happier with our choice. We were just in town this past weekend and visited the BOT (my first time seeing the place!) and had a tasting with Pigeon catering. The food was great and we really loved the BOT building and courtyard. I have pictures that I took this past weekend-- they don't really show an event, just the take-down and the start of set- up for the next wedding, but I'd be happy to share them with you! Just let me know your email, and I'll send them your way. :)
  • Options
    cereed007cereed007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there. I was married in March at the Board of Trade. We had our ceremony and reception there. You can see some of my pics in my married bio. But there are tons. Below is a link from Studio Tran. The venue is amazing. I wanted something very new orleans. And its perfect. Please let me know if you have any questions. :)http://www.studiotran.com/index.cfm?postID=260
  • Options
    MrsHAE2008MrsHAE2008 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!  We had our wedding there in March 2008, and we coulnd't have been happier with everything.  Here is the link to my married bio with pics:http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/user/default.aspx?username=MrsHAE2008&NestProfile=0
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi.  I don't check in too much anymore, but happy I saw your post.  Lara loved the BOT.  You can see her video by clicking in my siggy.  She had Rockin Dopsie and it was a really fun party.  Personally, of your two choices, I'd stay with the Mixed Nuts.... betsy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yall are the best! All the beautiful pictures and also the wedding video have convinced me 1000 times over! Thanks so much! In terms of decorating the space, do you think a wedding coordinator (at least day of) is necessary?alaneb, I would love to see the pictures you took there last weekend- my email is frannytucker@yahoo.comAgain, thanks so much everyone for sharing your gorgeous wedding photos! I'm so excited now!
  • Options
    lfenascilfenasci member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married there this March, LOVE the BOT!  And Pigeon is fabulous!! Email me if you would like to see pics, I am also not on here too often anymore!GL!!  Our guests are still raving about the charm of BOT and of course the food.
  • Options
    cereed007cereed007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As far as a coordinator, we didnt have one. I still have all my decorations. We did candle chandelers in the trees...lots of votives everywhere. But email me if you need any specifics. cereed007 at gmail dot com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards