Oregon

Resort at the Mountain

Hi everyone!Well, our reception plan for the Mt Hood Museum and Cultural Center turned out to be a bit too good to be true.  We are still planning to have our ceremony at Wildwood Recreation in Welches, OR next summer, but are now searching for a new reception venue.  Has anyone had any experience with the Resort at the Mountain?  I know that it is going to be a bit more than I am hoping to spend, but also accepting that we will get what we pay for. . . any info/insite is appreciated!  Karen

Re: Resort at the Mountain

• edited December 2011
    Hi! I am usually on the DW board. Fi and I were going to spend our anniversary there, but it was terrible looking. The website looked great, but didn't match up to the actual resort. Have you thought about driving into town a little bit? A co-worker got married at Timberline and then everyone "caravaned" to The Edgefield McMenamins. McMenamins have AWESOME receptions, if I didn't have my heart set on a DW we would do it at a Mcmens, they are also a plus because they have rooms on site :) HTH! Please also take my advice with a grain of salt, everyone perceives everything differently! Happy planning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    autzen, when did you last go to the resort?  we are getting married at timberline in january and everyone is staying at the resort.  i was told it was completely renovated this year but I haven't seen it yet.  Hopefully it looks as good as the pictures now, but you've got me worried!karen, we are staying at the resort and are having a post-wedding brunch there.  everything's gone smoothly so far, but like i said, i haven't yet seen it.  if you are still wondering in December I can let you know!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

It's Always Sunny on St. Paddy's Day
  • edited December 2011
    Hello!I have been up there since it was renovated, and it really looks pretty nice.  I was with my sister (who had been there pre-renovation) and said that it looked much nicer, with a water feature out front and a new kind of chic feel.  If anything, it was a little bit sterile. . . definitely not run down or dirty looking.  Now that I am considering my reception there, I will be taking another trip up within the next few weeks and will probably have more to say!It looks as though their menu is also updated to include their new local/sustainable vibe?Karen
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards