Kansas

Stowe Building Closed For Good

Ok girls...

We had our wedding booked for Nov 2011...just read on the website that they are not going to open at ALL what are all of you Stowe Brides doing?  I'm freaking out!!!

Re: Stowe Building Closed For Good

• edited December 2011
    I hear ya- I started crying over my lunch hour when I read the bulletin posted on their website and my wedding isn't until March 2012!  I send my best wishes to all of you who have weddings scheduled this year.  As I continue my own hunt for a new venue I'll definitely post anything I find.  I did give Event Directive a call and Jessica was very nice.  She's focusing mostly on the brides whose weddings are in the next 3 months but she's going to email me a list of all the venues she knows about that come close to meeting my needs this Monday after the Venue Frenzy she organized for this weekend ( I can't attend because I'm in another wedding that day).  Her number is on the Stowe's website or you can email her at Jessica@eventdirective.com.

• BTDUBSBTDUBS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jessica is amazing, I have been working with her through Avenues Catering.  Highly recommend her! 
    So many venues are comming together to help us out (we had booked for next June 2012).  If you can't make it to Venue Frenzy, look at the places on the Stowe website...some of them look great.
    I feel so sorry for everyone involved...good luck!
  • edited December 2011

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-problem-solvers-good-news-for-some-desperate-brides-20110406,0,6563903.story

There are several other venue's here that have posted that they are willing to give discounts to those that were planning to have their wedding at there!!

• edited December 2011

I booked the Stowe building, photography and dj with the Stowe building as well  After checking around I realized that there is absolutely no way that they could offer this package at this price and even come close to making a profit or staying in business!  I believe they just took my money and had no intentions to ever following thou or had no idea how to price their packages. There is no way they could of stayed in business for everything they were offering me at such low prices! I even was told by another bride that they where hiring photography students to do the wedding. WTH? I knew this offer was too good to be true when I booked last November but I hate to say it now; it’s my own fault!  When something is too good to be true…it probably is and the saying goes…you pay for what you get!  Hard lesson learned and I will not sacrifice going forward.

• MarquettaBMarquettaB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my,

I just looked at that venue a few weeks ago.  It looked very rough and I asked Jessica when do they anticipate the building being completely finished.  She said in May.  My FI and I were going to go back in June to see the finished product before making our final decision. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards