California-Northern
Options

Need some opinions on Flowers.

Originally I had planned to just do red roses for the bp flowers. I can honestly say that I am not that into flowers and do not know a lot about them. Last week on Bridezilla's one of the girls used Calla Lilys and my Fi and I really liked how they looked for the bridesmaids bouquets. I was thinking of using the calla lilys for the bridesmaids bouquets and the groomsmens boutineres, but then using the red roses for my bouquet and my Fi's bout. Then for the flower girl using a mixture of both petals. Would that just be too much? I really dont want it to look tacky. Or would you just stick to one flower?If it makes a differance I am ordering the flowers in bulk and making the bouquets.Our colors are also red, black, and white.Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need some opinions on Flowers.

• Options
    apple_greenapple_green member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that sounds great - not too much at all, or tacky. You won't be able to use calla lily "petals," though. They don't really have those, they're just one big "petal." You can use red and white rose petals though, or just red ones.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love your idea of using two different flowers.  Maybe use black ribbon to wrap the stems to tie that color in?  apple_green is right about no calla lilly petals, and her suggestion of using red and white petals would be lovely.  Best wishes!
  • Options
    Beezo23Beezo23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did something very similar.  My bouquet was dark red roses and burgundy calla lillies.  My MOH had just calla lillies.  DH had a rose bout, and FOB, BM, and FOG all had calla lillies. I think your idea sounds great, but like PP, no calla lily petals. If you'd like to see pics, email me at beth523 at gmail dot com.   There might even be some in my married bio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it sounds great.  I'm not usually a big fan of calla lilies, but I was just in a friend's wedding and the BMs all had a bouquet of orange calla lilies.  It looked really cool.  If you want them, go for it.  I'm having way more than 2 flowers so don't worry about having too many flowers. 
  • Options
    sm23sm23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure I'd like the look of red roses with white calla lilies to be honest - or were you thinking you'd use the red/burgundy type? Not sure what calla lily "petals" look like too once they're off the flower?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Were you thinking about making the BM bouquets all calla lilies or a mixture of the two flowers? I think that a mixture of the two might have some tacky-ish tendencies and might be a bit gaudy... (they are both very big and very bold flowers in their own right) but if you were doing a all-Calla Lily flower bouquet for them and an all rose bouquet for you I think that would be really pretty... GOOD LUCK!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine were mostly roses with a few callas....here is a pic of my bouquet![IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/s1hzzk.jpg[/IMG]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards