Hawaii
Options

Introducing myself...

Hi Ladies!  I just wanted to introduce myself...I'm actually a veteran knottie/nestie.  But I created a new profile.  (nothing in it yet though.)  I was married in '05 and lived on the PA boards.  My amazing hubby died in '07 and became my guardian angel.A year ago, I started dating my best friend from college.  He's amazing - and was actually an usher at my first wedding.  I never would have guessed we'd be a couple someday!We got engaged at the beginning of October.  We're planning an intimate destination wedding in Hawaii.  As of now, we're only planning on having our immediate family there - so a dozen of us all together.We've settled on getting married somewhere in or around Honolulu, because some of us will be arriving days before the wedding, and some will have to leave the evening of the wedding!  We were set on Hawaii, but needed to choose a date in which both of our bros had a natural break from school...Right now, we have nothing set in stone.  We're aiming for April 5 as our wedding date - the day after Easter.  We're hoping that not many will be planning a wedding for the Monday after Easter - and that most places will be flexible with such a small group.Right now I'm just trying to figure out if it's best to choose one of the million set wedding packages - or to pick and choose things myself.  Any words of wisdom or advice would be much appreciated!  I've started perusing your lovely bios for tips and ideas.Thanks a bunch!

Re: Introducing myself...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aloha!  First of all, I'm sorry you lost your husband after only 2 years...  I think I would be devastated and can't even fathom the thought.  Secondly, I'm glad you were able to find love again.  Congratulations on your recent engagement!  I'm not an Oahu bride but there are tons on here who would be better suited to answer your questions. In the meantime, you can check out this link for more bios (they're sorted alphabetically and by island!):[url]http://tinyurl.com/ylr7ojl[/url]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WELCOME! I do not have any locations in mind, just want to say welcome! I can't imagine what you have been through and I am glad you have found happiness again.
  • Options
    destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear about your husband, but happy that you have found love again.  You might try our WC, she does everything from beach weddings to full service.   www.hawaiiweddingsandevents.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies!  It has been a rough road, to say the very least... But, I feel incredibly blessed to have had an amazing network of family and friends.  And I'm incredibly blessed to have found love twice in a lifetime...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! That's an incredible story you've got - I've always believed that love happens in the most bizarre ways sometimes!
  • Options
    mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome! I was incredibly sad when I read your story, that must have been devastating.However, congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! So happy you found love again! I'm sure we'll be able to help you with your planning...though I'm a Maui bride and don't know much about Honolulu :)
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    inamrainamra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, what you went through must've been tough and I'm sorry you had to go through that, but I'm glad you found love again. Congrats and welcome to the board!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine. But, congratulations on your engagement and how wonderful that you've found happiness again. here's the website for the WC we're using [url]www.alohafromhawaiiweddings.com[/url] She's been great to work with
  • Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband but so happy for you that you have found happiness and love again.  Congrats on your recent engagement and your upcoming wedding in beatiful Hawaii!!!  I'm sure you will find tons of support on this board. J. :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! I can't imagine what you have gone through but it's wonderful that you have found love and happiness again! Good luck with the planning!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!  I'm glad you found happiness again, and in an unexpected place.  Feel free to ask questions here - everyone is so helpful!  Hope you have a great time planning your wedding.
  • Options
    amyj513amyj513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow what a touching story.  So glad that you were able to find happiness. Your husband would be so happy.Good luck with planning! Lots of great people on this board!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards