Texas-San Antonio
Options

OOT Baskets---need ideas for SA items

Hello girls, I am just over a month away from the big day! woo hoo!!i am working on the OOT boxes and need ideas for San Antonio related food, drink, or fun items.I am from SA, fiance is from Louisiana so we are doing a little bit of both. So far we have the following in our gift baskets:- water bottles- mini tabasco bottles with our name- zapp's chips (insanely popular in louisiana)- map of downtown SA- brochure about the weekend - cascarones- spurs somethingso i want some kind of snack that is very san antonio. any ideas are greatly appreciated! thanks

Re: OOT Baskets---need ideas for SA items

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oo I love your cascarones idea. I think I'll have to steal that for my own OOT baskets. ;o) They're not specific to SA, but I was thinking about including some of those TX shaped tortilla chips and maybe some giant jelly beans (you know, TX sized! - I saw some at Hobby Lobby the other day). You could also get some little jars of Rudy's BBQ sauce.
  • Options
    MBLoveMBLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Big Red! All my out-of-state friends tell me they miss big red!
    Photobucket image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're putting the usual stuff (water, gum, SA info packet, etc.) and pecan pralines from Mi Tierra in our OOT bags.  I'm still trying to think of something savory/salty from SA to add.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine gave these Alamo shaped "animal" crackers. I think you can get them at any HEB here. http://texasstartrading.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TSTC&Product_Code=Cookie&Category_Code=GRMT
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    marissa54marissa54 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Big Red! Totally a SA staple, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Big Red is a cute idea. Have you considered going to a farmer's market to see if they have something there? Locally made jam or maybe some nuts night work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, I thought of something else! My finace and I LOVE the Taste of San Antonio coffee sold at HEB. And you can get them in little packs that make one pot of coffee...way better than the coffee any hotel leaves in guest rooms.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ohh i love the big red and coffee idea.  do little bottles of rudy's exist? because that is what i originally wanted. thanks girls!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I am kinda late but what about mexican cookies or sweet bread?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This might sound a bit off as it might not be "Texan" but considering how many different cultures we have here have you considered getting something to represent each with the Texas flair?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jacala Salsa and texas shaped tortilla chips (totally cheaper than zapps...not as good though...mmmmzapps) San Antonio River Rock Candy (HEB Central Market) Maybe you could print off some Spurs stickers and slap them on the water bottles. In my opinion, I'd keep the trinkets and such to a minimum...Edible stuff is great and will surely get eaten upon arrival. i would say throw a raspa in there but ya know , it might not make it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards