New York-Long Island

Themed Wedding

Do you have to have a them for a wedding? I just want to do a color theme. Nothing big like beach theme or anything like that.

Re: Themed Wedding

• edited December 2011
    You definitely do not need to have a "theme" for your wedding. Most people just do a color scheme. We're doing black & white and apple green though I guess there is a bit of a theme since we're using black & white damask in a lot of places.
  • edited December 2011
    Thats a nice color theme. Im trying to figure out what color theme to do. My fiance and I both like blue and want to use that as a color but my sister got married last year with a beach themed wedding and the color of the bridesmaids dresses was pool blue. I kinda dont want to do blue since she had blue in her wedding. My fiance doesnt think its a big deal. He said we can do a different shade if we have to. But Im still iffy about it. I have awhile to think about it though.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! If you're looking for color inspiration, check out www.theperfectpalette.blogspot.com . They have a lot of inspiration boards and you can even search by color!
  • bonniebrettbonniebrett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i started with the bridesmaid dresses. i had a totally different color in mind, but we ended up with navy blue dresses. we then chose flowers to complement the dresses, and linens to complement the flowers.
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    of course you don't have to have a theme. FWIW I hate themed weddings-they feel like kids birthday parties to me. our theme was we got married :) a color scheme is fine-it's not a theme. everything doesn't have to match either (boring!). I find many coordinated colors much more interesting than 2 or 3 of all of the same color. but that's just my opinion.

• edited December 2011
    ITA about the kids birthday party analogy. A theme is okay if it's subtle but sometimes it's overpowering and a little cheesy. Another thing that I really like that more and more people seem to be doing is monochromatic color schemes. Why not do all different shades of blue if that's what you want? I especially love it for BM dresses.
  • edited December 2011
    Posting another pic cuz I like it. ;o)
  • Diana&JoshDiana&Josh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You do not have to have a theme.  Some times it just may be a bit easier if you had at least a color theme so that you can coordinate everything.  I am having a summer type theme with blues, yellows, and white.  I do not want to stick to one specific theme, but having a color theme does give me some guidance.
  • edited December 2011
    I'll definitely check out the website for color scheme ideas. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Doing all shades isnt a bad idea either. We'll see. I keep going through different colors with my fiance. I also have to pick a color that will look good on all skin colors. I dont want to pick a color that wont look good on everyone. Same thing about the style of the bridesmaids dresses. Im gonna have the girls pick any style that they want to wear.
  • edited December 2011
    I totally agree Msz! I decided to let the BMs choose their style from the Jasmine B2 or Belsoie line. All their dresses will be black. It's just not fair to try and stick 5 different body types into 1 style dress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards