California-Inland Empire
Options

make up...day of

hi yall.... did you guys have people come do your hair or makeup? anyone ever tried going to the mac counter at the mall and seeing if they will do your makeup day of? im thinking of doing this...any suggestions for me? thanks !!!!
TheKnot.com

Re: make up...day of

• Options
    sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a girl come out to the salon that did my hair.I have heard of girls going to the MAC counter though :0)
  • Options
    hischiquita!hischiquita! member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Silvia, who did your makeup
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This girl named AnnMarie she lives in Redlands and she will travel to you or you can come to her :0)
  • Options
    Jamie FeerJamie Feer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My soon to be mother in law owns a Merle Norman in Chino and does a great job. Her name is Denise and her number is 909-591-5442. She is not expensive and is local and she can even travel if you ask nicely. I would call her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The problem with MAC is that you have to purchase a certain amount of products in order to get your makeup done. If you're cool with that and there is a MAC close by- I say go with it :) I had a friend do my hair and makeup at the resort day of :)
  • Options
    mariellernmariellern member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey guys..thanks for all the help! i went to mac today to ask them about it..i guess most of them do their own freelance stuff...the girl said that we could do a trial run one day and then she would do my makeup for 125 and any bridesmaids for 80 each..I dunno...what do you guys think? i would rather just buy some makeup from them thenhave her come to me for 125...seems like a lot..but i dont know...
    TheKnot.com
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you wear mac makeup? Cause if not then I would go with some one that is cheaper.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    But then again what do i know about make up cost my mother in law has never made me really pay for make up and I have been going to her for 10 years.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're buying your own makeup 125 seems WAY too high for me....  
  • Options
    NatNat111508NatNat111508 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had Leah Garcia with Long Lasting Impression do my hair and makeup and she also did my sister's.  She is great!  I went to the MAC counter before and I hated the way the girl did my makeup.   Look at Leah's website http://www.longlastingimpression.com she is located in Chino and will go to your location the day of.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did a trial with a girl that worked for MAC and I wasnt crazy about it and she was $125 to come to me the day of. So I just ended up buying the makeup I wanted and did my own. Whatever route you go I would strongly suggest doing a trial first with the artist you will use. Just to make sure its what you want
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards