South Asian Weddings

Mehndi in Philadelphia, PA

Hey ladies.I'm thinking of getting my Mehndi done for the wedding in Philadelphia instead of Raleigh, NC where my wedding is located because I'll be in Philly 2 days before the wedding.Does anyone have any recs?  I am not looking for super intricate designs and want to keep the prices no more than $50 (I'm not telling the artist its for a wedding b/c that tends to kick the prices up).

Re: Mehndi in Philadelphia, PA

• edited December 2011
    Shilpa at Shanti Med Spa (if you google it, you can find the number) does mehndi.  She lives in Jersey, but comes to Philly to work at the salon.  She's been doing my threading for awhile and I know she does a lot of weddings.
  • edited December 2011
    Hello, I used this amazing mendhi artist that lives near Lansdale, PA (right outside of Philadelphia). Her name is Mallika. She did my mom's and sister's hands (front and back) for $20 for 2 hands ($5 per side) - front and back. I think the feet amount is the same. So you could probably get both your hands and feet done for $40. Let me know if you would like her contact info. The only thing is that she only speaks Hindi (no English). She understands English but can't respond back. She was really awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards