New York-New York City
Options

wedding planners

any suggestions for wedding planners for non traditional weddings or i.e smaller simpler parties for a second wedding?

Re: wedding planners

• Options
    tucci013tucci013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Christine at Exquisite Affairs.  Any wedding, any size.  You'll thank me later....
    August 2012's May Siggy challenge: Favorite TV mom:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    MOOSHUMOOSHU member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Caitlin Russotti for my wedding two years ago and I keep reccomending her to all of my friends and they love her too.  I have seen her so many times over the past two years and I love to see what she comes up with next.She is the best.
  • Options
    MOOSHUMOOSHU member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and just to mention she helped my husband coordinate the day that he proposed.  She helped him navigate the city, find a restaurant, had champagne waiting at the restaurant for me and my entire family and even called my brother to make sure he was part of the celebration and he drove down from Boston that night.She posed as a clumsy ice skater at Wollman Rink to take pictures of him asking me to marry him and sent them to us the following day.Fantastic!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MOOSHUI went to grade school with Caitlin!!  She recently got married herself :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can anyone suggest what wedding planners generally charge? Also, what are the major differences between a day-of coordinator and a full service one? Is it just that the full service helps you hire your vendors and the DOC takes over after you've hired all your vendors? Or is that too simple an explanation?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding planners take care of everything, helping you find your vendors, meet with them, arrange schedules for you, keep to a budget, build themes and designs, etc.  Day of coordinators take all the details you've come up with, contracted and arranged for and makes them come together that day.From my experience, wedding planners charge a % of your total budget (I was quoted everything from 10-25%) and Day of  Coordinators charge a set fee (I was quoted $500-$3000) I ended up with just a DOC which I recommend.  Dianne of Colorblind Productions.
  • Options
    klindsb2bklindsb2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have any friends that were recently married? I keep saying that I feel like a wedding planner now that all is said and done. Maybe a friend can help walk you through some of the big choices and then be there to oversea day of? Just an idea, we were on a budget so it would have been great to have a friend that I didn't have to pay :)
  • Options
    MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Christine from EAP!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys that is super helpful. So, just to be clear, the DOC doesn't just enter the picture on the day of or a few days before, they work with you for months leading up to the wedding, correct? It's just that they don't help you book?The friend idea is nice, and I had envisioned having my mom and sister play those roles, but there are a lot of things going wrong right now, and it's turning into a much harder job that I anticipated. So I can't imagine dumping this all on a friend or relative and not paying them. It's become way too overwhelming for me.
  • Options
    emeraldlover1emeraldlover1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like you need a wedding planner not a DOC.  I suggest DOC's for brides that love planning their weddings but also want to enjoy them.  If you don't have time to worry about the problems that you are running in to I'd suggest a full on planner.  The prices will vary based on experience and clientel.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Marissa from Lavish Occasions is wonderful ! www.lavishoccasions.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tara Geremia from Exquisite Affairs. She is amazing!!!! I cannot recommend her enough. Love, love, love her!(Christine only has the best people working with her:)
  • Options
    nycbride11201nycbride11201 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Caitlin Russotti and so far she has been fantastic. She is coordinating all of our guests travel and hotel arrangements in addition to all of the wedding logistics.
  • Options
    lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Katie from Sara Kate Events and she is so helpful! She is always available to chat and answer my many, many questions and help me with any ideas I have. I highly recommend her! Her email address is: sarakateevents@gmail.com HTH!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Adrienne from Bespoke Affairs - she is an amazing person who will go the extra mile for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For DOC I booked Shari Diamond and Beth Goldberg - Diamond and Gold Weddings. http://www.diamondgoldweddings.com/ They come highly recommended...
  • Options
    soccer4lifesoccer4life member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Heid at Entertain Me Events. Her website is www.entertainme-de.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards