April 2012 Weddings
Options

Please help!!!

Hi, I need an honest opinion I read an article about this girl when she saw her pics she didn't like them! I'm not the best organizer so I choose a place that take care of everything! My question is my dress is really plain no sparkling things nothing is an A line strapples and I just don't want to know if I should ask someone else my mom says is great! But she is my mom! And she loved the price! I don't know if she is honest or just to get over it. I just don't want to regrett it on my wedding day wanting to cry because i don't feel me! Please help!

Re: Please help!!!

• Options
    Your post is difficult to read, so I'm not 100% sure if I understand your question. I think you're having doubts about your dress choice. My advice would be to try the dress on again & see how you feel with it on. Do you have that 'this is the dress I'm getting married' in feeling? If not, add a few accessories (necklace, earrings, hairpiece...). See if that gives it the omph that you desire.
  • Options

Your post is kind of hard to read, but I got the same feeling the rlavach got, that you are second guessing your dress?  Which I think is actually pretty normal.  If it's been a while since you had it on, I would put it on again, and that will usually remind you why you picked it in the first place.  After I picked out my dress and didn't wear it for a few weeks I started to think that I made a giant mistake, until I put it on again and realized that I felt truly me and truly happy in it, and that was why I fell in love with it in the first place. 

Or you can always "jack it up!" as Monty says on SYTTD :) lol  Add some bling with necklace, tiara, veil, etc. and see how you feel then. If you really don't think it's the dress, then sell it, get a new one or all the above.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    I think it's normal to second guess your dress, but if you think it needs a little more oomph once you add your shoes, veil, and jewelry, there are a lot of things you can do depending on the style of your dress to add brooches, sashes (you could even add a splash of color that way!), and other things.  Look at pictures of details you like on different dresses and it might give you ideas for embellishing yours.  The seamstress and the associates at the bridal salon can help too.

IMHO, I didn't want a lot of sparkles or details on my dress because I think a simpler dress stands the test of time better, if you think of the early 1990's wedding dresses with all the beading and appliques and how dated they look now!  So I think you made a wise choice going with something more simple.  My dress in the picture below in my signature is very plain, I added the rosette with the antique brooch over on the side.  I wanted a beachy vibe and I thought a fancier dress wouldn't have conveyed that as much.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    haha, i thought she was concerned about her photog :)
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:38a1f9c3-e904-41fe-82d2-4b1b24e318d9Post:f0b8cd1e-767b-4c1b-93ea-999cf518278b">Re: Please help!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha, i thought she was concerned about her photog :)
    Posted by futuremrsdavies[/QUOTE]

Me too.  I'm lost. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Can you show us a pic of your dress?
    ~~* Jen *~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards