Ohio-Northeast
Options

time between wedding & reception

hi ladies,any thoughts on how much time you need to get pictures between a ceremony and reception? Fiance and I would like to get pictures in a couple different locations (downtown, art museum, etc).I also don't care about any inconvenience this may cause my guests (that's my bridezilla moment!) I want to get to my reception site by 4:30 to get ready for the cocktail hour. We're having a Catholic mass ceremony so I know the ceremony will take at least an hour.Any thoughts?  Is 12:30 a weird and too early time to have a ceremony?

Re: time between wedding & reception

• Options
    ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where is your ceremony and reception and how far are you from downtown?  Are you seeing each other before the ceremony?  It depends on how many photo ops you can get in before the cermony as well.  A noon or 1 PM  wedding time would probably be what I would chose.
  • Options
    golf*bridegolf*bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your photographer should be able to help advise you on timing based on the locations of the church and reception.As far as a 12:30 wedding - I don't think that's too early.  We had an 11am Catholic mass and a 6pm reception.
  • Options
    starshine985starshine985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a 1:30pm Catholic ceremony and the cocktail hour of the reception started at 6:00.  We actually arrived at the location at 5:30.  We didn't take any pictures together prior to the ceremony and we ended up taking pictures for about 3 hours between the mass and reception.  That 3 hours includes formal pictures in the church and then pictures at a park that was nearby to the church.  Honestly, if we had a little more time, we probably would've taken a few more - but I wouldn't have done less than 3 hours of pictures without having taken some prior to the ceremony.  I don't know how far away your ceremony site, reception site, a picture locations are from each other, but make sure you keep those travel times in mind.  You don't want to have pictures cut short because you didn't plan travel time into the mix.  If you're only doing pictures between the ceremony and reception, plan for about 3 hours of pictures.... but that's based purely on my experience. Also, 12:30 is definitely not a weird time to have a ceremony - I've seen them earlier! In fact, at my church, our options were 11:30 or 1:30...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies, this has been helpful!Church is in Little ItalyReception is Downtown So, there isn't a lot of travel time to consider, but we do have a lot of people so I'm anticipating some extra time just being taken for getting on and off our limobus!
  • Options
    yesican220yesican220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    12:30 is not too early - ours is at 10:00! (wow is it going to be an early morning - at the salon!)   I asked our photographer and she said to allow 20 min. at each site for pictures - in addition to travel time and getting everyone in and out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards