Iowa-Des Moines

Reception/Ceremony

I have no idea where to hold the ceremony (and fiance wants it in a different location than the reception) or reception. I'm open to indoor or outdoor on ceremony and indoor reception. I'm have no idea where to look. I'm in the Des Moines area. THANKS!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Andy & Erin

Re: Reception/Ceremony

• edited December 2011
    How many people do you expect to have?  What is your price range?  What sort of "feel" do you want?FWIW, I'll say again that we really loved our venues, and got all sorts of compliments on them.  We had the ceremony at the rose garden by the art center, and the reception on the terrace at the State Historical Building.  Both were really awesome venues, and we really lucked out with the weather since both were outdoors! 
  • Lemons653Lemons653 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used my parent's church for the ceremony (Highland Park Christian Church) and Jester Park Lodge for the reception.  A friend of mine used Jester for their ceremony and then Stoney Creek Inn (Johnston) for their reception.  There's all kinds of places in Des Moines or close to.  I personally loved Jester, but you are limited to only one caterer (Christiani's) if that's gonna be an issue for you.  There's the Capitol Room and several other places downtown.  There's a barn in Johnston that you can rent if it'll be a smaller wedding.  There are several wineries around Des Moines also you can use.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    There are many places that you can have your ceremony or reception. Just to name a few: Celeberation Barn in Cumming, Iowa The Rose Garden (Behind The Des Moines Art Center) Toad Valley Golf Course Botanical Center Temple of Performing Arts Scottish Rite Conservatory Jester Park Birdland Park Iowa Historical Building The zoo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards