Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Vendor Reviews

Gonna try to keep this short...Ceremony: Highland Park Christian Church (Des Moines) A:Loved the church and the pastor.  Very pretty stained glass, lots of places to get dressed, lots of bathrooms, very accomidating (sp?) on everything we wanted (my dog was in the wedding).  Photography: Scott Allen & Jen Taylor (Vivid Pix) A:Scott & Jen are family friends who also did our engagement pictures.  They did an awesome job, got every picture on "the list", and had them posted 3 days after our wedding. Cake Baker: Heather Friedrichsen, Cake Me I'm Yours (Perry) A++:Yummy and beautiful.  Husband wasn't able to make it to the tasting so she offered to have some samples overnighted to our home (at that time in Michigan) so he could try them. Heather worked with me on the designs to get it exactly perfect.  One guest told us she is still dreaming about our chocolate cakeCatering: Christiani's (Des Moines) A:Good food, negotiated with us on prices, decorated beautifully for reception.  The only issue I had was that our cake wasn't cut until we asked them to cut it.DJ: Tim @ Asensation (Des Moines) A+:Nice guy...very easy to work with and good communication.  Tim was at our reception site from around 11am to 11:30 pm due to him DJ the wedding before ours.  He was still fun and lively throughout the night!  Plus they take pictures of their own and post on their website just in case you need some extras :) Reception: Jester Park Lodge (Granger) B:Very Very Pretty location! The only reason I gave them a B was because they double booked the site for the day so we couldn't get in until 4:30 which was when our ceremony started so had to rely on the caterer to decorate.  I've heard other people have had issues with this also.   Other than that...good site.Flowers:  Linda @ Irene's (Des Moines) A+++++:ADORED THE FLOWERS!!!  Linda could not have made them more perfect!  She even brought two different bouquets for me because she wasn't sure I'd like one and left the other for decoration.  Favors: Stam Chocolates (Des Moines) B:Tasty.  Couldn't fit the design they had already approved so printed all the chocolates with some the design without calling to ask what we wanted done.  They did give us a discount though afterward

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Great to hear that everything turned out so well!  And like you said in my post below...  Ditto on the awesome Irene's Flowers review!  They rock my world.  As much as bridal bouquets can, at least.  ;-) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards