New York

Venue Review: Crystal Cove in Averill Park, NY

Hi everyone,My fiance and I are looking at places to book our September 2010 wedding, and we stumbled across Crystal Cove in Averill Park.  It's a beautifully scenic venue owned by a retired couple, however I can't find any reviews online...do any of you have any helpful information on the venue, food, organization, etc?Please share away!!! Thanks!!!

Re: Venue Review: Crystal Cove in Averill Park, NY

• edited December 2011
    we are getting married there next year. i share in your frustration about the lack of reviews. they also used to have a website but now that's down for some strange reason. from what i can gather from multiple brides i've talked to, the location is beautiful and the food is to die for but they are disorganized and have to be reminded several times of things you've said you wanted. apparently i'm supposed to get everything in writing, have a friend to make sure things are done day of, or hire a day of wedding planner. there was a scathing review from a family member on yelp.com com but that myseriously is now gone. anyway, i've talked to people that have gotten married there and the majority had a good experience although slightly disappointed with the "wedding planner" they provide. Hope that helps!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you, we actually decided not to go with the venue. We stopped by a wedding that was being held there and were extremely dissapointed with the organization (or lack of it) it was a mess.  I really strongly suggest you get that wedding planner.  It is a gorgeous venue and the people are sweet as can be and I've also heard the food is amazing but you will absolutly need a wedding planner to make sure it goes smoothly!Good luck I'm sure it will be gorgeous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards