Wisconsin

Wedding Vendor Review

Hi Knotties-
I was pretty quiet on the boards and more of a "reader" but I know how valuable vendor reviews were to me so I wanted to post our experiences in hopes they help someone else out there!

Venue: Milford Hills Hunt Club/Johnson Creek, WI  (A++)
Our venue was beyond spectacular!  We had the best experience and day.  Janet, their coordinator is so helpful, flexible, and willing to do whatver it takes to have your day go off without a hitch.  We took one of their food/bar packages and asked them to customize it for us and they were able to with no additional charges.  We had our ceremony and reception on site and I cannot rave enough about how helpful the staff is!  Everyone went above and beyond and I would recommend them in a heartbeat!

Cinematographer: It Was Fate Films, Minneapolis, MN (A++)
We found Brett as he also films weddings in Door County and fell in love with his work.  He was so professional and great to work with.  He came into town early just to scope out our venue, salon where we were getting ready, and my hometown all on his own time.  He really got to know us as a couple and listened to our vision and key elements throughout the day to make sure they would be captured.  Can't say enough good things about him!  I know from viewing his other work that our film will be fantastic!

Photographer: Champagne Studios, Milwaukee, WI (B)
Riitta is very talented and our preview has turned out great!  We've had a few hiccups in terms of receiving our engagement photos on time but once we've received our photos we've been really happy with them!

Cupcakes: Milwaukee Cupcake Company, Milwaukee WI (A)

Debbie was so easy to work with and handled our special requests superbly!  Our wedding was closer to Madison, WI and a bit tricky to get to but our cupcakes were delivered on time and with care.  We've been a longtime customer of MCC and all of our guests were raving at how amazing they tasted!

DJ: Jukebox Bandstand, Madison, WI (A)
Our DJ was Todd and he did a great job handling all of our special requests (we had a lot!) and he also ran our ceremony music perfectly!  The dance floor was always packed and he even played a few extra songs at the end of the night.  He stayed in good communication with us all night on how things were going too!

Bagpiper: Joe Sommers, Milwaukee, WI (A+)
My mom has a strong Scottish heritage and we surprised her with his performance while my dad walked me down the aisle.  Again, we had a lot of requests (logistically, keeping his performance a surprise, etc.) and Joe pulled it off flawlessly!  He made a huge impact on our day and its something none of us will forget :)

Hair & Makeup: Ambiance Salon & Spa, Oconomowoc, WI (A+)
Lindsey and Jena were fabulous!  They listened to exactly what I wanted and delivered!  I got so many compliments and couldn't be happier.  The salon is very cute inside and set up nicely for a large group to get done up together.

Shuttle: Transportation Services of Watertown, Watertown, WI (A)
Since our venue was tucked off the beaten path we hired 2 buses to bring guests to and from our hotel block.  They were on time, professional, and got everyone home safely.  Very reasonable prices as well!

Hotel Block: Hilton Garden Inn, Oconomowoc, WI (A)
Sarah was a great contact and a huge help in setting up our block and wrangling all of our out of town guests.  The hotel is newer and really nice inside.  They gave us a great rate and several people told us how nice the stay was.

Honeymoon: Couples Tower Isle, Ocho Rios Jamaica (A++)
We spent 5 nights/6 days at the resort and fell in love with it!  The food was some of the best we've ever had and the staff is so incredibly nice!  My only other warm vacation has been to Mexico and I would choose this resort/Jamaica over Mexico in a heartbeat.  We had a private dinner on their private island our last night there and the staff went above and beyond to make it really special for us.  I wish we had a longer stay!

Below is a link to our wedding preview from our photographer so you can her work and our venue!

http://champagnestudios.zenfolio.com/p612458078

Re: Wedding Vendor Review

• sjcleary22sjcleary22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for great review.  I took a peek at your pictures and noticed you had some caramel and plain apples.  I'm wanting to have caramel apples as wedding favors for my wedding next year and wasn't sure how well home made ones would be.  Did you make them yourself or were you able to find a company in the area that does it?  Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    We made them ourselves!  It ended up being super cheap.  I found an orchard that was located near our venue at a farmers market.  They sold us close to 180 smaller apples for only $12!!!  I wanted smaller ones for a few reasons 1) uses up less caramel 2) cheaper and 3) took up less space on our favor table.  If you'd like the name of the orchard let me know.  The most expensive part was the caramels.  I bought bags of the Kraft Caramel Bits (no need to unwrap a bunch of caramels!), the sticks at Michaels, and the cellophane squares online.  I think the favor for 160 people cost us less than $40 and took about 3 hours with 3 people to make :)  People raved about how good they tasted!  I attribute it to local, fresh apples but the caramel was so tasty too!  We didn't have any left over at the end of the night and I heard a few stories where people took several while we were eating cupcakes too--they were definetely a hit!
  • sjcleary22sjcleary22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh that sounds great!!  Definately something I would like to look into if you wouldn't mind getting me the name of the orchard.  I'm glad to hear that not only did they look great but tasted great, too!  Thanks so much for the help!
  • edited December 2011
    Sent you a pm!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews! I have added them to the WI knottie website. 
  • edited December 2011

Thanks for the info!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info!
  • suebrusseausuebrusseau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we had the best time!!  It was a beautiful wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards